2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Ford 2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer
By TLedman on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This was by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. In 3 1/2 years I never had one mechanical problem. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a used SUV.

buy a foreign vehicle.
By zsdfhjkkll on 11/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

put in new transmission at 58k. new front ball joints and my driver seat is now in need of repair. my first and last Ford

Not a bad choice....
By Kipper on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my Expedition from it's birth into this world. A great vehicle for moving stuff, people and pets. I have not had any major service issues though I find I am taking the vehicle in the shop more often after 50k miles. Taking the vehicle to the shop is really the main drag in owning this Ford. The service is atrocious at my local dealer EVERYTIME!!

Comfort beats speed
By Big-Un on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This is an overall good luxury vehicle that can fit all of your needs, and more.

Disappointed Customer
By Fleeced on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

For a vehicle that stickered at $42,400 the quality in workmanship is lacking. The ride is extremely unimpressive. In 50,000 miles I've been through three set of tires (even though I rotate every 5000 miles), leather is wearing excessively, vehicle vibrates over 70 MPH (dealers can't figure out problem), windshield wiper and vent window motors failed. I don't expect these problems when I purchase a vehicle that approaches 40K.

Great SUV
By chad9086 on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great SUV Poor Gas Mileage Average around 12 MPG

My Review
By sdw1363 on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Comfortable seats a family of 4. Plenty of room for luggage.

Huck's Expedition
By Grover Engle on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the vehicle at a low interest sale. I got a good price from the dealer. I had an Exlorer but wanted a bigger vehicle. This fit the bill. It has enough options to make it a pleasure to drive. I get around 18MPG on the road and about 13-15 in town, which surprised me. 6 CD changer sounds great. So far, so good.

Initially impressed... currently a lemon
By keith1walk on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I purchased this new in 1999 and was initially impressed with the powerful 5.4L engine, looks and comfort. Always dealer serviced. I thought by buying new and dealer maintained, any issues would be resolved early. What a surprise. It developed a rough idle and after 3 trips to the dealer, convienently after the warranty, a blown head gasket was diagnosed. $1800.00!!! The dealership paid half but that was still $900.00 and the other trips that totaled $500.00. Now ABS light is on. A $38,000 vehicle shouldn't have these problems. Next car will be a Toyota Sequoa. Tried to buy american but...can't afford to.

Nice
By Hockeyman on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a nice vehicle however does have issues. We love the convience and size of the vehicle but, in the 6 months we have owned the vehicle it has needed a new oxygen sensor and the airbag light remains on which I believe will be another $300 out of my pocket for a module. I find it funny that I have had many vehicles but this seems to have electrical issues in which I think for should be responsible for.