Used 2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

What a truck
By boaloo

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This truck has been very good to me. I must say the only problem I've had with it was the blown head gasket at 23,000 miles, but it was all under warranty. Other than that, it's great.

All of it

A tad bit more power

Poor build quality...under engineered.
By Merkl

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Mine has had 77000 easy miles on it to date. The toughest thing it has to do is load up at Wal-Mart. In the past 19000 miles I have had to spend $2530.03 to keep it running. This includes an alternator and a new battery that the dying alternator killed, a new rear wiper motor, new rear lock actuator solenoid, new #5 coil, new lower ball joints, new left front door switch, new idler arm, and most recently new front sway bar links. Keep up the good work Ford. Way to go putting a 6000 plus lb. vehicle out on the road with paper mache in place of a typical truck front suspension. I have truly enjoyed getting to know the service guys at the dealership. I'll send them a card when it is gone.

The exterior styling. It still looks good in as much as a money pit can look good to you. I think the rusty, factory tow hitch is a nice extra. Every Ford truck that I see of this era has a rust covered hitch on it. Thanks for the extra attention to detail quality Ford.

Improvements are needed with the front suspension, brakes, front seats, electrical, and the overall ride quality. If they have a few spare moments left over after all that, they may want to work on this thing getting miles per gallon instead of gallons per mile.

Runs fine and strong at 75k miles!
By circleh

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

This truck works fine. We have had it six years since new, great towing vehicle and people mover, mileage not too bad as it got older/broken it. I get around 19 or so on highway and 14- 15 in town - not bad for a really big heavy vehicle that is this strong. Replaced an axle seal and air compressor, and normal wear items. I'm keeping mine, no need to trade it.

Power and room for family and luggage. The third row seat gets used a lot. Great trip car.

Air system for LLS is not well constructed or easy to work on, but it's doable. I'd get a better compressor supplier if I were Ford.

Good vehicle- but do the maintenance!
By Robertthegreat

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Bought used in 2003 to replace 1995 Astro van that we had crashed. Has been a really good vehicle with no problems. When I bought it the dealer said that they had serviced the vehicle with a major tune up and transmission service. Recently when you push on the gas the car started to pull back in power. The first thing i thought was the transmission, so i had it serviced and the tech said it had never been serviced before, but was very clean. Well that wasn't the problem, a master mechanic finally found the problem as an arcing going across the distributor wire. So I paid for a major tune and had everything replaced. $700 dollars later, runs good now. Not a very cool car for Laguna Beach!

Lot of power.

More room in the back seats and gas mileage is horrible, but any SUV this size the mileage stinks. Would not buy another one because of gas prices and it's not very good looking.

2000 Ford Expedition
By Jim

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This has definitely been the best all-around vehicle I have ever owned. visibility is great, turning radius is unbelievable (it sure beats our Olds 98 and Buick LeSabre), air-adjusted lumbar support in seat works great and it's a joy to drive on long trips.

Turning radius and the lumbar support in the seat.

Already done in new models - make the 3rd seat easier to handle - now just push a button!