2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Don't make my Mistake
By No Ford on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

At 55,000 miles we had a major transmission problem and simultaneously the enginge blew! During the next 10,000 miles it has been in the shop more days than out. It currently sits in the shop to have $2,000+ of transmission repairs completed. Ford could care less and has done nothing to help compsenate after persistant follow- up on my part. I strongly urge careful consideration and research prior to purchase of a Ford product.

Safe Efficient SUV
By Urho on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I average 20 m.p.g. on the highway on flat terrain, but the 4.6 liter does have to work in the hills and the vehicle is loaded. After 4 years the truck is still in excellent shape and has not been in the shop for repair excepting a loose wire on the back up system. 5 star safety rating was a factor in purchase. Ford needs a 8-way seat as seen in the Honda Pilot.

Love my Expedition
By Tammy Mauney on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Ilove to drive and ride in my expedition. Its only drawback is the gas expense, however if your willing to pay the price for comfort and quality as well as looks this is the vehicle!

Good truck - but post warranty problems
By Sarka on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Great people mover - family, kids and friends. Good performance from the 5.4. My main complaint is that right after Manuf warranty expired- I'm talking 3 months and 2500 miles - I had problems with 2 power windows, door locks (child locks) air suspension tubing and compressor. This is my first Ford and because of these issues I doubt I go back.

I'll buy another!
By nicegurl on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

The Expedition has everything I could want, it has the luxury, the size, the towing capacity, the safety features, the storage room, and much more!

Pretty good SUV
By FlyingLow on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

After year 3 (warranty expiration), we braced for any breakdown. Apart from the differential gear seal leak and one set of new tires, we've had no problems (major nor minor). The leather option is starting to show its wear (once I added lotion to my elbow, it stop wearing down). Great kid car.

Luvn my truck
By SondraMorrison on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle for the sole purpose of being able to haul around my 4 children. It is wonderfull for that purpose everyone has plenty of room and it cuts out most of the bickering. My husband and I live in the country and we have also tried to get it stuck and so far it has not happened. It has real pulling power.

The Limo of SUV's, Big, Bad & Safe
By Troy Kelly on 12/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our fully loaded Expedition in mint condition. We purchased a new car warranty because we were worried about so many options breaking. After 8,000 miles, nothing has broken, and it still drives like new. Feel very safe with our kids in the vehicle. This car is sure to turn head on size alone. Overall these are beautiful SUV's, with all the bells and whistles inside there more like a RV. Room inside is unmatched, and this SUV can pull anything without strain. Perfect traveler vehicle with children or animals! Drives like a compact in parking lots, brakes arent as powerful as we would like on a SUV that size. Overall, plan to keep for many years.

no problems
By texasexped on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 4x4 XLT with 5.4 back in 2000. It was a dealer demo with 1500 miles on it. I have never had s single mechanical problem with it yet. It now has 37000 miles on it. I would buy another. It's a great truck for freeway driving. It's a dog as a grocery-getter though. I still have no regrets though.

Good Vehicle
By mvree on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall good experince with XLT Sport 4WD with 5.4L engine. Bought new in Dec 99. Very comfortable cloth seats held up well over 4 years, great in snow and over long distances. Biggest problem is with rear wiper (replaced twice - once under warranty, recently out of warranty). Also had problem starting/idling after large change in barometric pressure (i.e. after major storms) - replaced idle valve sensor seemed to fix. Average 16 MPG - its a full size SUV, so what do you expect? High residual lease value means I turn in back to dealer way over actual value. Seemed to depreciate fast.