2000 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
love my expedition
By dinna on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second expedition. Had previously leased an XLT, but the Eddie Bauer is far superior. Less roll, better handling and you gotta love those heated seats during our cold winters. I have 48000 miles and have only had to replace the brakes. The car has great get up and go getting up to highway speeds. Gas mileage is not great, but I'd rather be spending money at the pumps than in a small car. We'll drive this car into the ground.

Fix My Ford
By DBA on 08/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased brand new and has been in the Ford shop on the average twice a month. I have 85,000 miles on it and putting on the 5th set of tires. There are rotated every 3000 miles at the oil change. It has had one electical problem after another. The leather started looking worn after the first year. We have only Ford cars and trucks and this Expidition has by far been the worst.

Reliable, Comfortable Workhorse
By BoatingFan on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

Purchased my Expy used with 80K miles to use as a tow vehicle for my boat. I've put nearly 30K miles on her since then and other than front and rear brake jobs, I've had her in the shop once to replace an ignition coil. She's been very reliable. The 5.4L V8 runs strong and with the 3.55 diff. I get a respectable 19-20 mpg on the road, 15mpg when pulling the boat.I find myself driving it more because it's comfortable and allows me to see the road much better than from behind the wheel of my Camry.Placement of controls are well thought out and easy to reach. Cloth seats are comfortable too. We also love the 3rd row seat, rear a/c. The lighted running boards mak

2000 Ford Expedition
By jarheadfor4 on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

You can't beat this truck for hauling a boat and the fam at the same time. I love it. The 3rd row seat keeps my 12 and 8 year-old kids apart. The A/C is cold and their is very little road noise.

Another Tranny Story
By Ford Phobic on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

But this one used, had 27K miles on it. After racking up an additional 35K in less than two years, the transmission gave in and was replaced. Thank God we had an extended warranty! Hopefully we can go another 60K before it breaks down again.

My "comfort room" on wheels.
By mstraub on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I absolutely love to drive my 2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition... unfortunately, so does my wife so you know who spends most of the tiem behind the wheel.

Expedition Transmission
By Bruce Thomas on 06/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

2 transmissions in 36000 miles. thank god for extended warranties. Otherwise the truck is great.

Excellent Suv
By EdClarkson on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

No problems, rides nice and smooth. Installed extras in my SUV which it made alot better to drive in,

Good Family SUV All Around
By Willis on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I bought this car in 2000 because our family needed a larger vehicle than our 1998 Ford Explorer. I had earlier looked at Expeditions and really liked the looks in 1998 and wanted one. It drives well and has really good reliabiliy. The only problem so far was an odd, groaning idling at stoplights, but it has been fixed and not as problematic. If you are considering any Expedition, I think you will find it at least plaeasing.

Ford lover
By DAF on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Traded in our Grand Cherokee for our Eddie Bauer. Love how much room this truck has even with the 3rd seat in it. Taking the 3rd seat out, is like a pickup truck. Thoe it is kinda heavy and bulky. Very comfortable seats and ride. Ours has air suspension, very nice on highways. Like a Lincoln. Great sound system. Rear air and radio controls are nice for kids. Pulls our 23ft boat very good to the river. Cant wait to purchase a new eddie bauer expedition. This is my 4th ford. No complaints.