2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
My experience
By Robert on 12/25/05 00:25 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall, I have been pleased with this truck. Pros: carries everything, comfortable. Cons: poor gas mileage, third row seats don't fold flat. The biggest negative comes when you go to get the truck fixed. Ford seems to hide parts in hard-to-find places. Replacing the $50 front heater core requires $600 of labor to remove all the other parts that block it.

now a misfiring cylinder!
By Snake34 on 10/02/05 17:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is an add on from my last review on my Expedition. Now, less than 7k miles from the blown head gasket, at 75k I have a misfiring cylinder. One of 8 the dealership reminds me, all of which could go bad just like cylinder 3 in my current case. $252 later I am still driving my Expedition. How long do you keep it before saying/admitting it was a loss and buy something other than a Ford? Maybe Ford will help now that I have spent over $2k in repairs since purchasing 2 years ago. I doubt it.

Blown head gasket
By Snake34 on 08/11/05 18:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased an expedition b/c of its great looks, size, and expected reliability. I bought it w/55k miles in 2003. Loved it and still do b/c of tough truck looks w/the sport package. Great view from the front seats, plenty of room inside, though when the 3rd seat is used there is little to no room in the back, great handling interior comforts. The ride is a little rought. However, all of that went to the wayside when the head gasket blew at 69k and ford refused to help. So $2k later, I am still driving my Expedition. So, love the vehicle but can not rationalize buying another one due to my misfortune and ford's refusal to help. Where is customer service to keep customers loyal?

Expedition - Comfort, Ergonomics & Value
By tobermori on 08/08/05 22:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Great truck. No racer, as you would expect, but I tow our 20' boat up 6 degree inclines in the Blue Ridge Mountains with no problems at all, and I have the 4.6 Triton! Comfortable on the highway. The XLT Sport is a great deal. XLT with bonuses! You have to have Continental tires on this SUV; they improve handling and quieten the ride.

No major problems yet and 5 yrs old!
By ExpedOwner on 05/28/05 13:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I really like my Expedition. I bought it with 3 miles on it and now with 110,000 miles I am still just as pleased with it. I plan to keep it as long as it runs.

Great car
By Swf on 03/11/05 08:45 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This is one of the best cars I have owned. The ride is great and even in city traffic it is good to drive. The only down fall is the air conditioning isn't as good as the old freon systems and in the south you need great air. Overall a great car.

Electrical Problems
By Rob Mathis on 02/15/05 10:52 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Intermittently some accessories are staying on after the keys are removed from the vehicle running the battery dead over night. Can't always remember to shut everything off. BIG Problem. We can't rely on it! Very disappointed. Great vehicle other than that. Ford dealership cannot find a problem. So far 4 separate instances with a brand new battery.

Repair Again and Again
By Michael on 12/06/04 20:50 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Have required repeated repairs, each at a very high price. Repairs include rear oil seal 3 times, transmisssion seal, air pump, shocks and electic control for air shocks, brake cable, tie rod ends, sun roof seal and motor, and on and on. Most recent was anti-lock brake contol and pump for $1,300. This is the worst vehicle I have ever owned, compounded by Ford's outrageous repair costs. I will never own another Ford.

200 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD
By 1FordMan on 11/14/04 13:54 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I purchased this vehicle for my wife in the fall of 2002.I have replaced the tires, brakes and oil. I have not experienced any problems at all with this vehicle.

Ford Expedition 2000 XLT 2WD
By gvowell on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Good family car. Gas hog. Easy to get in and out of. Rides great.