2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
I love it!
By lisann on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Have had the rear wiper motor replaced and 1 window motor. The radio 3 times still static,but I listen to cd's mostly. Have 55,000 miles on it now and looking to buy a 2003 next year (used). Resale value yukky but I think because everyone has one. Had no problems with power (5.4). Dealer service departments (2) have falled way BELOW my expectations so now that it's out of warranty I'll be looking for private repair facility if I need. Have received many good comments from people who have riden. If you are having problems with this vehicle it must be a lemon which happens to all makes and models. I LOVE IT!!!

Going Big
By Honda Convert on 11/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

It was a choice between a minivan or an Expedition (duh!). We liked the comfortable interior. Going from a Honda CR-V to this was a big leap (we still have the CR-V for the work commute). We didn't realize how many more features this truck had (power seats, power adjustable pedals..). And the miles per gallon isn't that worse (I'm lucky to get 20 mpg on the Honda). Ours came with a huge front seat console, illuminated running boards and 6-disc CD changer, all of which brought it close to an Eddie Bauer trim. And going from a four cylinder to a V-8, I'm able to drive like I want to.

Expeditions rock
By tomd of corona on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This SUV has been the best vehicle we ever owned. You can turn inside your garage the handling is so good. It rides great, and the style of the interior is something that isnt made of faded plastic that looks horrible in a couple of yrs.

2000 Expedition XLT
By iluvkings22 on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Bought this truck new in 11/99 there has been no mechanical problems to date. Came stock with Firestone tires. Ford Gave me a set of Good Year Wrangler RT's for free and installed them. Only problem this truck had was a MAF that was sticking but that was fixed in 3/2002. and i know alot of people think that 4.6L motor is weak, well they are wrong. this motor pulls a 5000lb 22 ft boat no problem at 60-65 mph on the freeway with over drive on at 1,800 rpm.

A Best Buy for the money!
By AKC on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I had a 97'XL Expedition and yes I had some trouble in the first few thousand miles. However, Ford worked diligently to fixe every problem. After a year of issues, they upgraded me to a 99' XLT w/ leather and the payment stayed the same. Now I have a 00' XTL (loaded) and I'm about to get a 03'. Overall, I am very pleased and you will too if you have some patience and expect that all vehicles won't be perfect. My wife has a Lexus IS300 and we've had just as many problems (and that's a luxury vehicle).

Be careful!
By Ellie on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

We purchased our SUV to have a reliable new family vehicle. We have since had this SUV in the shop for 8 different problems. (new engine, wiring fire..it goes on and on) We have been left on the side of the road many times due to major problems. The size is nice and roomy for our family, and when it is running, we receive a nice ride. We have done routine maintenance and have taken good care of our Expedition. We had planned on this vehicle lasting for many years...however, we are ready to trade!

Not for little car owners
By 7th ford on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

My wife had an explorer for 3 years and we wanted to upgrade to the Explorer. Wow, what a great driving SUV. We looked and Chev before we picked the Ford and the drive and comfort is not comparison. This is not for someone who is used to driving around a little Toyo, Mazda or a toy. This is a "I'm pulling my 24'cabin crusier (boat) and 4 friends and never know it.

My kids call it a firetruck
By WalyWrld1 on 03/14/02 19:02 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

My experience over the last two years with the xpy has been great. I have had no problems with it. It is a well built, very comfortable highway cruiser. Average 16.5 mpg. I have the 4.6 L V8 and it has adequate power for my use. Super truck and would buy another without hesitation.

Buy Japanese
By ME on 03/01/02 18:05 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Had bought Japanese 4 times(Sentra, Sentra, Previa, Previa). Ventured & bought Ford twice (Windstar & Expedition) Uh. like...NO. If you want a reliable & high quality car, you're better off with a Japanese vehicle. It's like night & day. The quality of the interior of a Ford CANNOT compare itself to a Japanese car.