Used 2000 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

I Love My Expo
By I am Happy With It

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I am very pleased with my Expedition. I bought it 3 years ago and had to replace the transmission ounce at 150,000. It tows well and off roads well. nice ground clearance. Hauling 3 kids and a dog and some friends around, camping and taking trips is comfortable with the interior design. I do wonder about the electrical though, I have trouble withe the keyless entry and my dome lights no longer go on when I open the doors. Other then that a good family vehicle.

Ground clearance, comfort and reliability

Cup holders in the second row seat needs to be more durable. The electrical system could use improvement.

Loved it!
By fivestar7777

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I loved my expedition for 8 years until my daughter recently totaled it at a 4 way stop. Very comfortable, dependable and safe. Good vehicle (tank) to have your teens learn to drive. The only real gripe I have is the gas mileage which was about 11. When the gas price went to $4.50, it hurt! For the past 3 years, the transmission shifted hard from 1st to 2nd. Made me nervous to think the tranny might be going out but it never did. My mileage was almost 100K.

Lots of power, low maintenance. Great body style, running boards are nice to have.

Make the body lighter, so gas mileage isn't so darn low!

5.4L Engine Blown at 57K?
By Frankie

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this vehicle NEW, for the reliability, and safety All services done on time by FORD Spent $800 @ All Star Ford for the 60K major tuneup to insure all was well (car was running great before). 500miles later in Portland lost all oil pressure, off on off on. Tow to Mock Ford Grants Pass, Oregon They said No Oil pressure in Head Galleys that will be $6100 for new engine! Side Note - Manual states 6 qts for all oil inluding filter. All Star used 7qts this time (never before though) Ford Districa Manager says NOTHING FORD did. This was my 5th Ford, last 3 I bought New. NO MORE FORDs in my Familes EVER. Ford Tougth, Quality< ? Sand Behind their prodcuts/custoerms NO

Roomy, Comfortable

Listen to customers No locking glove compartment? Adjustable pedals though? (NEVER USED EVEN ONCE) Radio Antenna in side windows POOR reception (have same radio in Mustang Cobra with antenna on fender) Cliaate control is a joke Quality is POOR and they only want the customers $$$

Blown Spark Plugs!
By Tommy Shaw

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

That's all I have to say! Blown Spark plugs! Run! Run! Run Away! Will cost $500 min each plug to fix! This is a major problem! They blow up and out of the hole because there's only 4 little aluminum threads holding them in. Then they hit the fuel rail rupturing it and wah lah your car is a BBQ! Ford ignores. Says nothing's wrong. Great quality!

I LOVE(D) My Black Ex-Pee
By HazMatic

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I had a 2000 expedition for 3 years and would've still had it if a tree didn't murder it! In three years I just changed the fuel pump once. I experienced the cylinder misfire issue as well but it didn't effect the over- all performance. I loved the room, it's durable, and it's fun to drive in the snow. I'd definitely recommend this truck!

interior space, i was able to move myself into my new apt. with all the seats down and the 3rd row out.

N/A