2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
My Review
By sdw1363 on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Comfortable seats a family of 4. Plenty of room for luggage.

so far so good!
By angie martin on 07/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

so far so good... I feel very safe in this car.. and people who hve ridden in it with feel safe... It feels solid..

Great SUV
By jhs on 06/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Love It!!!!4.6 liter engine has great power and not bad on gas for it's size. I am a Realtor and it has plenty of room to fit the whole family. will buy again

Good but unreliable - Really bad service
By BradMoore on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This vehicle is a nice driving vehicle but my particular vehicle's transmission had problems at 35,000 miles. I took the car in to see if I could get it repaired but Ford said there were no problems. The transmission completely went out at 40,000 miles. Ford would only cover 80% of the costs even though the problem was first reported at 35,000 miles. If you are considering a Ford as a vehicle (which I made clear to Ford that I would never buy another vehicle from them), make sure you get the extended warranty because of the unreliability and service.

Great Car!
By SUV MOM on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Ever since we bought our 2000 Expedition XLT, it has been superb! It is a very smooth ride and does not wobble like our previous Explorer. There is lots of room and the 3rd row seat is a great feature. The car seems like it was built well and is a very sharp design outside. The inside design is very nice as well. Although, i would recommend leather seating because the cloth interior isn't as comfortable as the leather. Our previous Explorer was a really nice car, it had leather and a sunroof, and we sometimes miss the comfort in that car. The engine is also very soft and not loud. Overall it's an awesome car and i would recommend it to any SUV family.

$30000 of Poor Craftsmanship
By Warrior6521 on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

The absolute worst vehicle I've ever owned. Fit & finish - poor, performance poor - reliability - poor - I knew the fuel mileage would be bad - but 11 mpg with the 4.6?!?! Problems too numerous to detail. Quality IS NOT Job 1 at Ford - nor is there Quality Care. I could've spent much less for a Nissan or Toyota and had many less headaches. And to beat all - it isn't worth squat for trade in!

A $30000 Yugo
By WARRIOR6521 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Purchased new in 2000. Nothing but problems - brakes, multi-function stalk, coil packs, fuel mileage getting gradually worse...will be the last Ford I will ever own!

Moved Up
By bgblue on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I traded in a 1997 Explorer for the Expedition, it 5.4 liter engine and carrying a bucnh of kids were the big reasons. I have to say the 5.4 is a great choice for towing, but i would have liked a choice of a 3.73 rearend instead of the 3.55 that it came with, but can't always choose when buying used. All in all a great move for me and the fuel milaege hasn't been as bad as one might think, i'm averaging 16.8 with both in town and highway mixed.

poor performance confortable ride
By graychildren on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

This suv has the comfort made for a king or queen but lack in exeleration and handeling hurts its performance.

Ford Expedition
By weathernlu on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Couldn't be happier with my Expedition. All around great SUV and has been a pleasure to own so far. Especially love the roominess of the Expedition. It's got a ton of room, yet doesn't feel like a tank to drive. My wife went from a Escort to this and will never go back. Truly a great vehicle.