2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Initially impressed... currently a lemon
By keith1walk on 08/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I purchased this new in 1999 and was initially impressed with the powerful 5.4L engine, looks and comfort. Always dealer serviced. I thought by buying new and dealer maintained, any issues would be resolved early. What a surprise. It developed a rough idle and after 3 trips to the dealer, convienently after the warranty, a blown head gasket was diagnosed. $1800.00!!! The dealership paid half but that was still $900.00 and the other trips that totaled $500.00. Now ABS light is on. A $38,000 vehicle shouldn't have these problems. Next car will be a Toyota Sequoa. Tried to buy american but...can't afford to.

80,000 problem free miles in 3 years.
By Murrieta on 05/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This SUV has been a perfect vehicle for over 3 years. First new truck in over 35 years that has never been back to the dealer for any type of warranty work. The 5.4 L V-8 has plenty of pep, although gas mileage, averaging 16.2 overall could be better. With 4 captain chairs it is extremely comfortable, good climate control, and a pleasure to drive.

2000 eb expedition
By k;kl; on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

overall a great experience, just wish it had a GMC engine

ford expidition
By gregory_bates2002 on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

When i'm leaveing the house and i'm going out of town i never ever have to worry about the room i have left i have room for me my family and some more (lol) it's very fun to drive and something i think that Henry Ford himslef would be prud of

what's not to like?
By mpc on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This is my wife's around-town car, but we also use it for travelling. In both areas it has proved its worth. She finds it comfortable and easy to drive, practical at hauling around family, friends and shopping, and it can always be trusted to provide towing for my own less reliable motor. But it really shines at vacation time. We drive long distances and the kids just dont complain - there's enough room for one of them to be asleep flat while the others play around. And it handles the off-road portions admirably (even with only 2WD). To sum it up: comfortable, practical, versatile. (There is that fuel economy thing, though!)

Love my truck
By schraderx4 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

After the birth of our son and our first car trip, my husband decided that my Honda Passport was not big enough. We went to the dealership with the intention of just looking, and left with my truck! I love it! The only problem I have is that the sunshade for the moonroof works its way closed on its own and they don't know how to fix it. I'm just waiting until I can trade it in for a new one where the 3rd seat folds flat!

I LOVE IT!
By Love It on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This is a replacement for an identical 2000 EB 4x2. 1st one had an intermittent exhaust odor that the dealer could not fix. Went the Lemon Law route for this vehicle. Only problems on this one were 1-Sunroof roared at 55+ MPH .Dealer fixed this by stretching the nylon straps that limit the deflector shield. Shield was not in airflow and would vibrate. 2-Intermittently car would not crank. Faulty Neutral/Park switch in the steering column Tires just replaced at 24k with Michelin X-Terrain. They are worth the money. 5.4L engine gas mileage is ~ 14MPG average 50/50 highway and city. Highway gets 20MPG/60 MPH and 16MPG/80 MPH. Lots of parasitic drag.

2000 Ford Expedition EB, Triton Engine
By Cyndi on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

GREAT auto! Truly a pleasure to drive - - in town or on the highway! If I were in the market for a new SUV, this would absolutely be the one for me.