Used 2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Ford Tough!
By houdonit

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my XP used with a Lot of miles on it so I expected some problems and I did have some. First there were some electrical issues which I fixed by putting in a new windsheild. Then there was a starter problem. But thats it. It was going on 200,000 miles when when I was driving with my 3 year old and a lady ran a red light and plowed into us. I am buying another one for how it did in that accident alone.

Favorite Features

Love all the room in the XP. Does great on trips with the family. Hauls good. The adjustable seat and adjustable pedal make it easy to be comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage really stinks though.

Not many fixes over 10 years
By mgarrett30

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Got my '00 Expedition in '01 and have not been upset with it. I have not had a payment on my SUV in over 5 years and have put very little money into it at this point. My wife and I keep talking about needing a new suv and have balked each time that it comes down to it. After not having a payment in 5 years and putting very little money into the truck, it is very difficult to justify the $550 for a new payment. Each time the tires wear down I keep telling my self that it is going to die and why put the money into it. Then winter comes and the tires outlast the car once again. The one thing that I have had to replace at this point are the coils, 4@$200ea. MPG are not good at 10-13 avg.

Favorite Features

Maintenance has been next to nothing i have had before. Have put money into 4coils, 1 fuel pump a few sets of breaks (it is quite heavy)3-4 sets of tires. I could not have wished for a better maintenence record. The money that I have saved has gone into my sons college fund.

Suggested Improvements

suggested break pads to cut down on the dust on the front wheels. Plusher interior. Greater trade in value.

11 Years and Still a Good Vehicle
By Vin Tanner

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Bought new. All issues are normal wear and tear: control arms replaced @ 90,000 miles. 2 coils replaced in 10 years. Outside of that: Nothing! Change the oil regularly and drive responsibly and you get a good vehicle. Safety: superb. Mileage decent for big heavy SUV: 19 Hwy; Controls simple in old vehicle. Reliability: 5 star. Safety: 5 star Comfort: 4 star. I see these all around town, Ford did well with this SUV. Would buy again, would recommend. 4.6 L/ 4 speed. Thanks

Suggested Improvements

New vehicles have these features. At the time the XLT was adequate. Perhaps having nothing fancy has kept maintenance costs low. Ford went to 5W- 20 synthetic blend oil and with this there is no oil use at all.

Happy Ford Owner
By Happy Ford Owner

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my Expedition in 2001. I have had to replace the transmission, two coils, and wheel bearing, ball joints and some other stuff. Now at 138,00 miles and in the shop again. But for some reason I just can't let this truck go. I just bought a Mercedes ML350. But i couldn't trade in my Ford. I just Love It. It's been fixed up just for me and I can't let it go.

Favorite Features

Roomy, interior design, comfortable on long trips and I have had many of those.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage and maybe some wood grain interior.

10 good years
By Tuscaloosa Tom

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Bought this XLT new and it has had only one maintenance issue, a short in the rear sonal wiring. Other than that is has been close to perfect as far as reliability. I do all routine maintenance as required and this may have helped. ground clearance good, power sufficient. Hwy mileage 18-20, city maybe 14. Great A/C and good engine cooling. Good NHTSA safety ratings.

Favorite Features

1. Keyless keyboard entry 2. Backup sonar 3. 5 Star Safety Rating 4. Reliability

Suggested Improvements

Memory seats would have helped 10 years ago.