Used 2000 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Don't make my Mistake
By No Ford

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

At 55,000 miles we had a major transmission problem and simultaneously the enginge blew! During the next 10,000 miles it has been in the shop more days than out. It currently sits in the shop to have $2,000+ of transmission repairs completed. Ford could care less and has done nothing to help compsenate after persistant follow- up on my part. I strongly urge careful consideration and research prior to purchase of a Ford product.

Favorite Features

Size and looks

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, Leather quality, wiper motor, Engine design and suspension.

Safe Efficient SUV
By Urho

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I average 20 m.p.g. on the highway on flat terrain, but the 4.6 liter does have to work in the hills and the vehicle is loaded. After 4 years the truck is still in excellent shape and has not been in the shop for repair excepting a loose wire on the back up system. 5 star safety rating was a factor in purchase. Ford needs a 8-way seat as seen in the Honda Pilot.

Suggested Improvements

8-way power seat in front.

Love my Expedition
By Tammy Mauney

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Ilove to drive and ride in my expedition. Its only drawback is the gas expense, however if your willing to pay the price for comfort and quality as well as looks this is the vehicle!

Favorite Features

I love the roominess of this suv compared to other smaller versions as well as the passenger capacity. It handles very well contrary to public belief- and I am a woman!

Suggested Improvements

somehow modifying improved fuel economy

Good truck - but post warranty problems
By Sarka

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Great people mover - family, kids and friends. Good performance from the 5.4. My main complaint is that right after Manuf warranty expired- I'm talking 3 months and 2500 miles - I had problems with 2 power windows, door locks (child locks) air suspension tubing and compressor. This is my first Ford and because of these issues I doubt I go back.

Favorite Features

Size and seating capacity. The 2 quad captains are a outstanding, extremely comfortable. Good ride for size and weight.

Suggested Improvements

Component reliability.

I'll buy another!
By nicegurl

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

The Expedition has everything I could want, it has the luxury, the size, the towing capacity, the safety features, the storage room, and much more!

Favorite Features

I can fit everything in this car, some people look at the car and think, you will never get it all in the car. The dogs, the cat, the suitcases, the groceries... you name it! It all goes in!

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy.