2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
2000 Expedition XLT
By iluvkings22 on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Bought this truck new in 11/99 there has been no mechanical problems to date. Came stock with Firestone tires. Ford Gave me a set of Good Year Wrangler RT's for free and installed them. Only problem this truck had was a MAF that was sticking but that was fixed in 3/2002. and i know alot of people think that 4.6L motor is weak, well they are wrong. this motor pulls a 5000lb 22 ft boat no problem at 60-65 mph on the freeway with over drive on at 1,800 rpm.

Experience with my Expediton
By Hank Wacker on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Everything, including the electronics were trouble-free. The ride was like a luxury car and gas milage on the highway was a consistent 17mpg. However, when I towed my trailer the mileage and power went drastically down. The 5.4 engine is great, however the rear axle 373 can't handle the load. I suggest that if one wants to tow a 6000 lb. trailer, buy a power stroke diesel (like i just did). Towing with a 5.4/373 axle is not meant for towing much weight (I found). I needed to bring up my rmp's to abuot 4000 in 1st gear (automatic) and then go up the big grades at 35 mph.

A Best Buy for the money!
By AKC on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I had a 97'XL Expedition and yes I had some trouble in the first few thousand miles. However, Ford worked diligently to fixe every problem. After a year of issues, they upgraded me to a 99' XLT w/ leather and the payment stayed the same. Now I have a 00' XTL (loaded) and I'm about to get a 03'. Overall, I am very pleased and you will too if you have some patience and expect that all vehicles won't be perfect. My wife has a Lexus IS300 and we've had just as many problems (and that's a luxury vehicle).

Needs refinement
By Marty Johnson on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Needs refining in some areas including interior fit and finish.

Fantastic Vehicles!!!
By Love Ford Trucks on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Had to respond to the last post. Ridiculous!!! On our Second Expedition. 97 XLT 100,000 miles, not one problem!! 2000 EB 36000, not one problem! Ps. try towing anything other than lawn cart with a japenese SUV

2000 Ford Expedition EB, Triton Engine
By Cyndi on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

GREAT auto! Truly a pleasure to drive - - in town or on the highway! If I were in the market for a new SUV, this would absolutely be the one for me.

Be careful!
By Ellie on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

We purchased our SUV to have a reliable new family vehicle. We have since had this SUV in the shop for 8 different problems. (new engine, wiring fire..it goes on and on) We have been left on the side of the road many times due to major problems. The size is nice and roomy for our family, and when it is running, we receive a nice ride. We have done routine maintenance and have taken good care of our Expedition. We had planned on this vehicle lasting for many years...however, we are ready to trade!

All-around Cowboy
By CobraJockey on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We've had a range of trucks over the years. GMC, Chev, Mazda, Toyota. The GMC had been my favorite until I got one of these as a company car. It served great for both business and personal use. I hunt, and have jr-hi aged kids, so function and room are important. It meets 'em. My wife prefers it over her sedans, including a Saab and a number of Hondas. But I'd still rather drive my Shelby...

Not for little car owners
By 7th ford on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

My wife had an explorer for 3 years and we wanted to upgrade to the Explorer. Wow, what a great driving SUV. We looked and Chev before we picked the Ford and the drive and comfort is not comparison. This is not for someone who is used to driving around a little Toyo, Mazda or a toy. This is a "I'm pulling my 24'cabin crusier (boat) and 4 friends and never know it.

Fair quality truck
By mikeg on 03/17/02 13:34 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

this truck had 3 problems so far. The differential had a recall, and the dealer didn't have the tool to repair it a year after they sold it to me. Next the wiper motor had a recall for fires. Next, the rear wiper locks up intermintantly. This vehical definitly drives like a truck, feeling unstable over 60mph. Not supprised though. The truck is comfortable and lots of room inside. Major drawback is after 18 months of payments (at .9apr, I still owe $30k, but the trade in and resale value is only $20k. Major depreciation! Unless you're keeping it long term, not a good deal. Better off leasing if you can negotiate a good deal.