Used 2000 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

love my expedition
By dinna

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second expedition. Had previously leased an XLT, but the Eddie Bauer is far superior. Less roll, better handling and you gotta love those heated seats during our cold winters. I have 48000 miles and have only had to replace the brakes. The car has great get up and go getting up to highway speeds. Gas mileage is not great, but I'd rather be spending money at the pumps than in a small car. We'll drive this car into the ground.

Favorite Features

big enough to haul my kids and their friends in comfort, 4 wheel drive, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

side curtain airbags

Fix My Ford
By DBA

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased brand new and has been in the Ford shop on the average twice a month. I have 85,000 miles on it and putting on the 5th set of tires. There are rotated every 3000 miles at the oil change. It has had one electical problem after another. The leather started looking worn after the first year. We have only Ford cars and trucks and this Expidition has by far been the worst.

Favorite Features

heated seats

Suggested Improvements

better leather, better electrical,

Reliable, Comfortable Workhorse
By BoatingFan

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Purchased my Expy used with 80K miles to use as a tow vehicle for my boat. I've put nearly 30K miles on her since then and other than front and rear brake jobs, I've had her in the shop once to replace an ignition coil. She's been very reliable. The 5.4L V8 runs strong and with the 3.55 diff. I get a respectable 19-20 mpg on the road, 15mpg when pulling the boat.I find myself driving it more because it's comfortable and allows me to see the road much better than from behind the wheel of my Camry.Placement of controls are well thought out and easy to reach. Cloth seats are comfortable too. We also love the 3rd row seat, rear a/c. The lighted running boards mak

Favorite Features

Great 5.4L engine. Roomy interior. Good driving position.

2000 Ford Expedition
By jarheadfor4

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

You can't beat this truck for hauling a boat and the fam at the same time. I love it. The 3rd row seat keeps my 12 and 8 year-old kids apart. The A/C is cold and their is very little road noise.

Favorite Features

Ride height and ability to accelerate are awesome with the 4X4 carrying a 5.4 Triton engine.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing

Another Tranny Story
By Ford Phobic

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

But this one used, had 27K miles on it. After racking up an additional 35K in less than two years, the transmission gave in and was replaced. Thank God we had an extended warranty! Hopefully we can go another 60K before it breaks down again.

Favorite Features

Roomy seating for eight, CD changer, power features.

Suggested Improvements

better engine