2000 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
First and Last Ford
By buckwet on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

at 58,000 miles my transmission went out and due to the fact that i did not have my transmission fluid replaced at 30,000 miles, the extended warranty that i had purchased through the ford dealerership by a third party company UNITED AUTO CARE, the extended warranty denied my claim. Several qualified sources have indicated to me that not changing the transmission fluid at 58,000 miles will cause this problem. And of course Ford washes their hands of the problem.

$30000 of Poor Craftsmanship
By Warrior6521 on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

The absolute worst vehicle I've ever owned. Fit & finish - poor, performance poor - reliability - poor - I knew the fuel mileage would be bad - but 11 mpg with the 4.6?!?! Problems too numerous to detail. Quality IS NOT Job 1 at Ford - nor is there Quality Care. I could've spent much less for a Nissan or Toyota and had many less headaches. And to beat all - it isn't worth squat for trade in!

A $30000 Yugo
By WARRIOR6521 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

Purchased new in 2000. Nothing but problems - brakes, multi-function stalk, coil packs, fuel mileage getting gradually worse...will be the last Ford I will ever own!

2000 Expedition
By Fracman99 on 02/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

The 5.4 liter engine has a knock that Ford ford calls a cold engine knock. Funny it knocks when you pull off of the interstate after driveing 180 miles. I would hate to see what they call a warm engine. The problem will keep me from buying another Ford. There is an obvious problem with the 5.4 engine that they are not willing to admit. I would say it was liftr rattle if it had lifters.

what's not to like?
By mpc on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This is my wife's around-town car, but we also use it for travelling. In both areas it has proved its worth. She finds it comfortable and easy to drive, practical at hauling around family, friends and shopping, and it can always be trusted to provide towing for my own less reliable motor. But it really shines at vacation time. We drive long distances and the kids just dont complain - there's enough room for one of them to be asleep flat while the others play around. And it handles the off-road portions admirably (even with only 2WD). To sum it up: comfortable, practical, versatile. (There is that fuel economy thing, though!)

Moved Up
By bgblue on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I traded in a 1997 Explorer for the Expedition, it 5.4 liter engine and carrying a bucnh of kids were the big reasons. I have to say the 5.4 is a great choice for towing, but i would have liked a choice of a 3.73 rearend instead of the 3.55 that it came with, but can't always choose when buying used. All in all a great move for me and the fuel milaege hasn't been as bad as one might think, i'm averaging 16.8 with both in town and highway mixed.

Love my truck
By schraderx4 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

After the birth of our son and our first car trip, my husband decided that my Honda Passport was not big enough. We went to the dealership with the intention of just looking, and left with my truck! I love it! The only problem I have is that the sunshade for the moonroof works its way closed on its own and they don't know how to fix it. I'm just waiting until I can trade it in for a new one where the 3rd seat folds flat!

I don't know
By golf4me on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Leased a 2000 XLT w/ Sport Package, 5.4ltr., auto., 4x4 w/ automatic 4 wheel drive option for 3 years. I liked the power from the 5.4 since this is a BIG vehicle, had front and rear air and heat, third seat a joke, great stereo w/ 6 disc cd changer, and the ride height made me feel king of the road. Had to replace transmission at 54,000 miles; not pleased. Don't use the auto 4 wheel drive in snow unless you want in a ditch, gas milage was about 14 on highway, 10 in city. I don't think I'll buy another one.

poor performance confortable ride
By graychildren on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

This suv has the comfort made for a king or queen but lack in exeleration and handeling hurts its performance.

Ford Expedition
By weathernlu on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

Couldn't be happier with my Expedition. All around great SUV and has been a pleasure to own so far. Especially love the roominess of the Expedition. It's got a ton of room, yet doesn't feel like a tank to drive. My wife went from a Escort to this and will never go back. Truly a great vehicle.