2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Loved it!
By fivestar7777 on 03/26/10 23:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I loved my expedition for 8 years until my daughter recently totaled it at a 4 way stop. Very comfortable, dependable and safe. Good vehicle (tank) to have your teens learn to drive. The only real gripe I have is the gas mileage which was about 11. When the gas price went to $4.50, it hurt! For the past 3 years, the transmission shifted hard from 1st to 2nd. Made me nervous to think the tranny might be going out but it never did. My mileage was almost 100K.

Don't buy this truck
By rivera on 04/15/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

We have had this truck less than one year and it has left us stranded more than 4 times! The mechanic has made over $1,000 dollars for repairs on this truck. First the air bags broke, we replaced them with springs, then the battery went out, then the alternator broke, then the fuel pump needed to be replaced. I told my husband not to buy a Ford, now were both paying for it. Stick to Honda, mine has never had a problem, it's ten years old 120,000 miles and still going. Were getting rid of this piece of junk.

2000 Ford Expedition
By Jim on 08/05/06 09:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This has definitely been the best all-around vehicle I have ever owned. visibility is great, turning radius is unbelievable (it sure beats our Olds 98 and Buick LeSabre), air-adjusted lumbar support in seat works great and it's a joy to drive on long trips.

No major problems yet and 5 yrs old!
By ExpedOwner on 05/28/05 13:15 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I really like my Expedition. I bought it with 3 miles on it and now with 110,000 miles I am still just as pleased with it. I plan to keep it as long as it runs.

200 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD
By 1FordMan on 11/14/04 13:54 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I purchased this vehicle for my wife in the fall of 2002.I have replaced the tires, brakes and oil. I have not experienced any problems at all with this vehicle.

Don't make my Mistake
By No Ford on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

At 55,000 miles we had a major transmission problem and simultaneously the enginge blew! During the next 10,000 miles it has been in the shop more days than out. It currently sits in the shop to have $2,000+ of transmission repairs completed. Ford could care less and has done nothing to help compsenate after persistant follow- up on my part. I strongly urge careful consideration and research prior to purchase of a Ford product.

Pretty good SUV
By FlyingLow on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

After year 3 (warranty expiration), we braced for any breakdown. Apart from the differential gear seal leak and one set of new tires, we've had no problems (major nor minor). The leather option is starting to show its wear (once I added lotion to my elbow, it stop wearing down). Great kid car.

I'll buy another!
By nicegurl on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

The Expedition has everything I could want, it has the luxury, the size, the towing capacity, the safety features, the storage room, and much more!

Ford 2000 Expedition Eddie Bauer
By TLedman on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This was by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. In 3 1/2 years I never had one mechanical problem. I would highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a used SUV.

Comfort beats speed
By Big-Un on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This is an overall good luxury vehicle that can fit all of your needs, and more.