Used 2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Loved it!
By fivestar7777

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I loved my expedition for 8 years until my daughter recently totaled it at a 4 way stop. Very comfortable, dependable and safe. Good vehicle (tank) to have your teens learn to drive. The only real gripe I have is the gas mileage which was about 11. When the gas price went to $4.50, it hurt! For the past 3 years, the transmission shifted hard from 1st to 2nd. Made me nervous to think the tranny might be going out but it never did. My mileage was almost 100K.

Lots of power, low maintenance. Great body style, running boards are nice to have.

Make the body lighter, so gas mileage isn't so darn low!

Don't buy this truck
By rivera

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

We have had this truck less than one year and it has left us stranded more than 4 times! The mechanic has made over $1,000 dollars for repairs on this truck. First the air bags broke, we replaced them with springs, then the battery went out, then the alternator broke, then the fuel pump needed to be replaced. I told my husband not to buy a Ford, now were both paying for it. Stick to Honda, mine has never had a problem, it's ten years old 120,000 miles and still going. Were getting rid of this piece of junk.

NONE

Build a better truck

2000 Ford Expedition
By Jim

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This has definitely been the best all-around vehicle I have ever owned. visibility is great, turning radius is unbelievable (it sure beats our Olds 98 and Buick LeSabre), air-adjusted lumbar support in seat works great and it's a joy to drive on long trips.

Turning radius and the lumbar support in the seat.

Already done in new models - make the 3rd seat easier to handle - now just push a button!

No major problems yet and 5 yrs old!
By ExpedOwner

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I really like my Expedition. I bought it with 3 miles on it and now with 110,000 miles I am still just as pleased with it. I plan to keep it as long as it runs.

Captains chairs allow my boys to get into the back seat without needing assistance to fold the seat down. I love it.

Take off power needs to be improved. It takes a while for the truck to get up to normal driving speed.

200 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD
By 1FordMan

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I purchased this vehicle for my wife in the fall of 2002.I have replaced the tires, brakes and oil. I have not experienced any problems at all with this vehicle.

2nd Row bucket seats and the built in DVD player.A very roomy vehicle which is family friendly.

Better fuel economy and a third row seat which could be folded into the floor.