2000 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Good SUV
By jorge_sandoval on 05/18/14 17:47 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I don't know why other expi owner's are having problem with gas mileage in my case I am not experiencing this considering the SUV's size, weight, power, and comfort this is a win for the buck, we can't compare the gas mileage of this to smaller SUV's and cars, I guess driving attitude contributes a lot in gas mileage, I do a very slow acceleration from the start til it reaches the right speed comfort. Following the recommended PMS, check up, A?C cleaning will is the key also, right now I am enjoying my Expi for 14 years and still works well, without any problems, just did a tire change twice from year 2000-2014. I love this truck, as a long distance driver, I feel very secured with this.

Depends on hwo you evaluate things
By cajunflipper on 03/31/14 11:11 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

200,650 miles, mpg-avg 14 in city,17 hwy Improper original windshield install caused water to leak through dask and into fuse box causing lose of underhood lite, courtsey overhead maps lites, and rear wiper motor quit. Ford wouldn't cover it. Overhead map reading courtesy lites, just changing the bulbs major ordeal, micro thin electrical film circuitry under the bulb tore (1/8" wide). Unless you are an electrical engineer or know someone who is, you either get a new (whole overhead unit),used $50 if you pulled it from scrape yard, new approx $350 if you can get one. Extreme poor design, this and many other areas.

Best American Family SUV
By ghostrider8 on 06/03/12 01:34 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

The Ford Expedition is a well built SUV that has a nice interior layout. The rear climate control features are great. The 5.4L V8 is a very reliable engine.

Ford Expedition
By ghostrider8 on 10/03/11 00:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

The largest, most reliable SUV on the road & Ford quality has greatly improved. Great SUV for hauling large groups of people.

2000 Ford Expedition
By ghostrider8 on 10/03/11 00:30 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Between 2000 to 2008 & now 2011 Ford quality has increased to number one. Ford Dealers have also improved on service.I had 7 Expeditions in the family all had over 150K miles before trade in.I have a 2000 Expedition with 114k & it has been an excellent vehicle, great for long trips, plenty of power from the 5.4L V8.Tune-ups are every 100,000 miles with major fluid changes at 30K & I recommend using fully synthetic oil every 5k-7k miles.Great family vehicle with plenty of room & a 3rd row seat.A SUV with a proven track record.

Ford Tough!
By houdonit on 04/17/11 19:05 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my XP used with a Lot of miles on it so I expected some problems and I did have some. First there were some electrical issues which I fixed by putting in a new windsheild. Then there was a starter problem. But thats it. It was going on 200,000 miles when when I was driving with my 3 year old and a lady ran a red light and plowed into us. I am buying another one for how it did in that accident alone.

Not many fixes over 10 years
By mgarrett30 on 02/21/11 22:25 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Got my '00 Expedition in '01 and have not been upset with it. I have not had a payment on my SUV in over 5 years and have put very little money into it at this point. My wife and I keep talking about needing a new suv and have balked each time that it comes down to it. After not having a payment in 5 years and putting very little money into the truck, it is very difficult to justify the $550 for a new payment. Each time the tires wear down I keep telling my self that it is going to die and why put the money into it. Then winter comes and the tires outlast the car once again. The one thing that I have had to replace at this point are the coils, 4@$200ea. MPG are not good at 10-13 avg.

11 Years and Still a Good Vehicle
By Vin Tanner on 08/17/10 07:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Bought new. All issues are normal wear and tear: control arms replaced @ 90,000 miles. 2 coils replaced in 10 years. Outside of that: Nothing! Change the oil regularly and drive responsibly and you get a good vehicle. Safety: superb. Mileage decent for big heavy SUV: 19 Hwy; Controls simple in old vehicle. Reliability: 5 star. Safety: 5 star Comfort: 4 star. I see these all around town, Ford did well with this SUV. Would buy again, would recommend. 4.6 L/ 4 speed. Thanks

Happy Ford Owner
By Happy Ford Owner on 07/27/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my Expedition in 2001. I have had to replace the transmission, two coils, and wheel bearing, ball joints and some other stuff. Now at 138,00 miles and in the shop again. But for some reason I just can't let this truck go. I just bought a Mercedes ML350. But i couldn't trade in my Ford. I just Love It. It's been fixed up just for me and I can't let it go.

10 good years
By Tuscaloosa Tom on 07/01/10 19:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Bought this XLT new and it has had only one maintenance issue, a short in the rear sonal wiring. Other than that is has been close to perfect as far as reliability. I do all routine maintenance as required and this may have helped. ground clearance good, power sufficient. Hwy mileage 18-20, city maybe 14. Great A/C and good engine cooling. Good NHTSA safety ratings.