Great so far
By balty on
1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD
I hate driving trucks, but got this thing anyway. And I'm impressed. Note that my rating is relative to other trucks -- I drive a Continental normally, so these grades aren't relative to it. For example, for a truck, my fuel economy rating is 9. Compared to the Continental, it'd be about 4. See what I mean? As a 6'2" footer, I'm comfortable. Power is so totally there, I don't know what the complaints are about -- and remember, I'm used to a Continental. I'm used to climate control -- set it and forget it. It'd be nice if it were standard on the truck this expensive (yeah, I could have looked harder). I replaced the stereo with a junkyard model with CD/cassette (2000 Explorer stereo).
Favorite Features
Third row seat. Fold flat second row seats. Garage door opener compartment. Ride height. Comfort considering it's a truck. Acceleration really is adequate. Non-slip floor mats (really, think about it!). Separate compressor for rear heat/AC. 4WD.
Suggested Improvements
Single, in-dash CD/cassette would have been nice, or CD with mini-jack input instead of cassette (iPod my point here, not cassettes [using cassette adapter here]). Some magic engine with the same power that provides 72MPG. :-)