Great buy for the family and off roading
By Ford Steve on
1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV
I have owned this car for about 5 years and i am very satisfied with the car. the family is comfortable on long trips and has enough room for trips to the Home Depot. we have dirt bikes and tow a 4x10 trailer with no problem. As we connect the trailer the back end goes down about three inches, but within seconds the airbag suspension turns on and lifts it up to normal height and it even helps climb the dirt roads. I have only had two problems so far. My head gasket had to be replaced at about 50,000 miles and my heater core had to be replaced at about 70,000 miles. And it was not a happy time because my Ford dealer has terrible service. Other than those two things the car is a great car.
Favorite Features
Airbag suspension, flat fold down seats, lots of cargo room, good engine, disc brakes in the rear unlike Chevy who still use brake drums, the color that I have is a dark blue with a purplish blue at certain angles, rear seat radio controls.
Suggested Improvements
A little more horsepower but good for its year, but once you add a Magnaflow exhaust and a cold air intake she can move pretty good, Interior design could be better, lighten the trunk door -- it's a little heavy and closes loud, third row speakers, better gas mileage average16-19, it costs me $70 to fill her up.