1999 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
SPARK PLUG BLOWS OUT #3
By RON BLONIGEN on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

DRIVEING IN TRAFFIC STARTED TO MOVE AGAIN THIS TRUCK MADE A NOISE LIKE THE WHOLE BOTTOM END WAS COMING APART,CALLED FORD PARTS HOUSE THEY TOLD ME THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT FORD NOISE ABOUT AND HAS A UPDATED PART FOR THE PROBLEM I CALL THE 800 HELP LINE THE PERSON WHO I TALKED TO TOLD ME THAT AT THIS TIME FORD HAS A TSB ON THE PART AND THAT FORD IS JUST TRYING TO MAKE A BETTER PART FOR THE CUSTUMER. THIS REPAIR COST ME 1800.00 TO HAVE FIXED IM FAR FROM THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM JUST LOOK ON LINE

Awesome SUV
By MarbleLife on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Exp EB used with 50K miles and we currenlty have 70K with no problems what so ever. Runs tight, no rattles or anything. My wife and I love the handling and the room it has. Really was the best vaule for the $$$. We looked at the Toyota but it is way over priced, we figure even if the Ford did give us some problems we would still be ahead from all we saved in price. Good truck!!!!

BIG SUV... Great for towing!
By T&D of Silverthorne on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We searched foreign and domestics alike seeking the perfect SUV for our family. Couldn't find it; but settled with something that would fit our needs. We needed to pull our travel trailer through the Colorado mountains with ease, keep the kids occupied until we reached our destination, and kept the adults happy and comfortable.

Comfortable Ride
By psicoo on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I have been extremely satisfied with the handling and comfort of my expedition both on and off road. Averaging 18-19 miles per gallon, in my opinion is excellent for a large truck.

Great SUV for Towing Our Camper!
By Dave in Boulder on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

When we set out looking for SUV's, we decided that it had to easily tow our travel trailer. Our trailer weighs in around 5,000lbs. We wanted something that was smooth on the highway, had room for the kids, and would tow easily at 14,000 feet. After searching all the imports, and American vehicles we settled on the Expedition for it's comfort and prowness. We are enjoying it so far, and can't say anything really bad about it.

Great SUV if Gas prices go down
By manapierimport on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

You really cant beat the comfort, room and the ride quailty of this large suv. Heated seats, rear air and leather all around are just some of the luxury ammenities. With todays gas prices it does not shine in comparasion to the smaller suv's on the market, however interstate milleage is much better than I expected, holding and average speed from TN to FL I got 22mpg where as in the city it gets about 12.. Enough room to comfortable seat 7 adults and haul everything you could need. I have used it to tow a small honda and it has plenty of strength. Gas milleage while towing is dramaticly changed from 22 to about 14.

99 eddie
By semperfi on 03/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

a few quirks--outside temp never correct a few problems with 6 CD changer electronic compass usually incorrect

1999 EB Expedition
By kpmallory on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

After 3.5 years it is frustration. Stuff just breaks on it! We have replaced: door locks, fuel pump, gear shift column cable, the entire electronic panel and cruise control and other things I can't remember. It all started with a squeak about a week after we bought it. . I took out for the first time ever, an extended warranty, it has paid for itself. As much as I love my truck, it is frustrating to pay all that money for a product that has failed to live up to expectations. I can't really recommend it to anyone. Maybe I got that 1 in a 1000 that just has issues but from what I read, I don't think I am that unlucky.

I like it a lot
By sbcloribelle on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I really like this SUV however the gas mileage is the killer. If this car could get at least 18miles to the gallon it would be much easier on my pocket. The rest of the car is great!!!! I love the horsepower.

Eddie Bauer heaven
By jmcruz on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

The vehicle is smooth, strong, and fun. Best of all, it's a Ford!