1999 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
By happytobealive on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Yesterday I was involved in a serious accident with my 1999 Expediation. If it wasn't for the fact that the truck was so well built and the handling was so tight, I wouldn't be here today. The drivers door took the full impact and the drivers compartment was not compromised in any way. Both myself and my husband (who was driving) walked away. The truck was totalled and I am going right out and buy another!! Excellent truck!

Great SUV
By n2umr on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always been a Ford van fanatic and this is the first SUV I have owned. What a great truck!! I should have bought one sooner!!

Great Truck
By Bill.202020 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Reliable; no repairs needed in five years.

SUV that rides like a truck
By Rnak on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

The vehicle has been the most problematic from the start. The dealer was horrible at purchase and the service was deceptive and expensive. Buy the extended warranty it will help you out. Things that occurred three recalls, failed radiator resulted the failed electronic plugs, failed ABS sensor that resulted in the brakes prematurely wearing out thus had to buy new brakes for $650 for all new brakes not covered on warranty it is an maintenance item, and new brakes are nearly worn again dealer installed soft brake shoes. SUV bounces like a truck does not have a smooth ride. Gear shift rattles while driving.

Very pleased
By ACE on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

When comparing used expedition to used yukon or tahoe, the expedition took the cake for comfort, usefull interior, and just plain more plush.

Great SUV
By pmb SUV on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my company vehicle and I drive 25000 miles a year. This vehicle has 110,000 miles on it and my company has spent a total of $500 in maintenance. It is a great vehicle that is very dependable. Don't forget that it is a company vehicle and it does take a lot of abuse. I think it will run forever.

Buyers Beware
By Conradikal on 09/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my Ford Expedition and had nothing but problems. I had two blown head gasket one @45000 and another @60000 miles. Five times I had to return it to the dealer for A/C repair. I wrote Ford a certified letter stating the problem and they never replied. Such service. It is the most unreliable vehicle I've owned.

Good SUV
By Pingree on 07/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my third SUV. My first was an Explorer which was trash by redlight runner. So, went for next size up. Bought a 98 EB Expidition and have never looked back. Now, I have the 99 which has a few more features I wanted and enjoy. Would have gone with the XLT but, the options I wanted were not available. Great size and ride.

expedition 99
By buddy on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Great ride, very spacious, smooth

do it again
By offrdal on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

this has been a joy to own. does everything that's been asked. towing, haulin', & good off road capability.