1999 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Expedition
By bonenzo on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

this has been a very reliable truck for me.I had only one problem in three years,the automatic idler sensor which ran me about $300.00 to repair.The styling of this truck is great,I am selling only because I need a pickup.Because of this truck Im going to purchase a new f-250 and hope i have the same luck

Big Fan
By lefty3702 on 02/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always owned Toyota's and with a growing family an SUV was needed. Sequoia's are still too new to find something in our range. I am happy with the overall performance and comfort in this vehicle. Bought used @ 40K and still nice at 70K

Excellent SUV
By stlouisblues on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I am amazed with the negative comments posted here. This 1999 Expedition is my second Expedition. I love it. Never had any problem with it. My kids love it. It is the most secured and solid truck. Rain, heat, snow or ice, it just keeps on going without any trouble. I am seriously thinking about trading in my current Expedition for the newest Expedition currently on the market.......

Good truck for the money
By kimco on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

When our lease for our Tahoe was up we wanted to buy our next SUV. For the money the Exp was the best bet. Compaired to the Tahoe it didnt match up. But for the money we can't beat it. I wish it got better gas mileage. I only get 13 city/hwy. If money was not a option I would have another Tahoe.

Worth Every Penny
By lovemySUV on 02/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought used 47000 miles, now has over 66000 miles. Have had no problems. Has been through many snow storms and drives very well in them. Best Truck on the road.

Worth the Money
By AllWeather on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased it new in September 1999 after wrecking my beloved Bronco. I threw the third seat away for it is a waste of space and too heavy. I commute in Buffalo, NY to my hospital job in as much as seven feet of snow, ice. I never missed a day of work. It never failed to start even in -17 degree weather, I still have the original battery it came with. I recently relocated to Las Vegas. I averaged 17 mpg with the truck loaded down. I have had only general maintance performed on the vechile. Except for a set of tires everything is original.

Ford = high maintenance
By FormerFordFan-2 on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

While in warranty I was forced to visit the dealer 4 times for repairs. But it was after the warranty expired that things really started to go wrong. Having spent over $9,000 in repairs since the warranty expired I am convinced that Ford sold me a defective vehicle and are continuing to sell this same vehicle still today. Sure the new one looks different, buts that’s just marketing hype. Inside this vehicle hasn’t changed, just ask any honest engineer or maintenance tech at Ford and they will tell you that the changes are cosmetic.

Very unhappy
By egshepard on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

From the first year we had this vehicle it has been one problem after another. We've had the transfer case replaced twice (supposedly). We think the dealership never replaced it the first time. Replaced starter. Replaced shifter cable to linkage. Radio display consistantly does not display and scans through stations for no apparent reason. Passenger window works intermittently, so we don't use it. This was enough to keep us from ever purchasing another Ford vehicle. We are considering trading it in and going into to debt for a Honda Pilot even though our Expedition is paid off. Biggest mistake we ever made.

1999 expedition
By bill the ford guy on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

1999 Ford Expedition, Eddie Bauer. Had the car since new. Bought it off lease after 3 years. Been happy with it except when I pull up to the pump.

Not worth the money
By Leon Pollack on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has been nothing but problems. My electrical system started failing before I reached 40,000 miles. I have a vehicle that has less than 65,000 miles and I'm replacing the electrical system in the column for $1200. I ahve put more than $6000 into this vehicle over the past two years. next week i'm going out to buy me a Japanese (Toyota sequoia or Nissan Armarda) SUV. I ahve had it with American vehicles. I have owned all brands and now i understand why people buy foreign vehicles. I also understand why American companies give you a three year warranty, their vehicles are onbly designed to last three years.