Used 1999 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

So Far ... Good Vehicle
By gp63

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this vehicle new in 1999. The reason I purchased it was because it was a vehicle I could use to haul the entire family and it had 4WD. It has lived up to my expectations. I have found it easy to drive; not at all tiring, and it has only had limited issues since I purchased it. It does have/had two problems which seem to be the norm for FORD: 1) front brakes do not last past the first 10K miles and 2) the accelerator develops a slight stick when accelerating, which will require a few hundred dollars to have the accelerator et al. replaced. There was a minor issue with the rear wiper, which was fixed when they replaced the motor. I would definitely consider buying another.

Drives and parks like a car.

Continued improvements in quality and fuel efficiency without the sacrifice in power.

not bad....
By me

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Vehicle has done what I bought it for; except for that tire incident and replacing transmission gasket it hasn't required any major fixing ("knock on wood"). I would consider buying another when a hybrid version comes out.

Space between 3rd row and lift gate is not enough to fit a cooler.

love my expy
By expy 1

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Very dependable family ride; I enjoy towing and taking trips with it and the family too. lol.

Seating comfortably for 9 (including adults)and dual ac makes hot days cool off real fast. Gas mileage not bad either (when not on the gas pedal hard).

Ford made the ride quality improvements with the '03 and newer Expeditions but other than that the suv is as advertised.

VERY SATISFIED
By MIKE

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new for my wife. She owns a business that requires hauling heavy AV equipment and much travel. It has been a great vehicle. Needed its first tune- up at 96,000 miles. It is very comfortable and the leather seats have held up well. We have taken many vacations with it and the entire family (of four) loves the ride. Just had to replace the alternator and battery (at 117,000 miles). The paint job (Metallic Spruce Green) looks great for a vehicle that has never been garaged. Only problem has been with the odometer. Since about 5,000 miles, it comes on and goes off and when trying to keep track of the business mileage, this becomes a nuisance.

Great roomy interior. Leather seats are very comfortable and attractive.

More engine power and better gas mileage. We get 12mpg around town and 17mpg on the highway.

Been very good to me
By DF

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My expedition has been a very reliable and outstanding vehicle for me. I have had little to no problems short of basic maintenance. I will own another one of these fine vehicles.

I like the way the vehicle rides. Used to drive Chevy products. Never again will I do that.

Gas Mileage.