Used 1999 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 107 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

My Expedition
By nlvjenn

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have never had any major problems with my Expedition at all. I love the way it drives, it has plenty of room, and handles well in any condition. I bought it in Oct. of 2003, and it had 53,000 on it. It now has 83,000 and runs perfect. The air conditioning in awesome (I live in Vegas). I have only had to change out 2 of the coils. Other than that it has only needed the regular maintenance stuff, brakes, tires and oil changes. I just love it , and know that it has many more years in it for me and my family.

I love the chrome fender and bumper, looks so much better to me than the newer ones.

I wish the gas mileage was better.

Best SUV on the Market
By Mark

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck for 4 years now, buying it with 72000 miles and currently 120,000, absolutely no problem! I drive it 50 miles a day and it's been ol' reliable. I know that when I look at a new one in a few years they will be just as good.

Size, power, towing, style, comfort.

Make a bigger one, and they did!

My wife loves her truck
By Mat Koenig

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this truck with about 80K miles and it has pulled two boats and driven a family of 8 for the last 4 years and my wife wouldn't let me sell it to buy her a new Toyota SUV.

The driver's seat and keyless entry on the door.

Heated seat failed on driver seat and the mirrors deteriorated so you can't really see out of the exterior mirrors.

Great 7 year old SUV
By rbush

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I bought this SUV new in 1999 and now have 95,000 miles on it. It has performed extremely well over the years and has been very reliable and easy to drive. It is great for towing boats and Waverunners as well as U-Hauls to take kids to college. The throttle valve assembly was replaced at 86K miles but otherwise no major repairs other than routine maintenance. I would definitely buy another if I needed a large SUV.

Adjustable foot pedals for my wife. 4 cup holders available to front seat occupants. Lots of power for acceleration.

Gas mileage is always an issue with the price of gas but you have to expect poor mileage with a vehicle this size. Third row seat is uncomfortable but rarely used...usually stays in the garage so cargo space is maximized.

JANEILE'S REVIEW
By jkdockmomm

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I am currently on my 3rd Ford Expedition. I have been involved in two accidents with the previous two and just bought my third. In both accidents, one being a 60mph head on collision and the other being about a 45-50 mph front end crash, there was no one hurt in our vehicle; both accidents resulted in the Expeditions being completely totaled. The Expedition may be tough on the wallet when it comes to gas and mileage but i have just purchased my 3rd Ford Expedition and would not even think about driving anything else. You feel like you own the road when driving them and in two very serious accidents with no one getting hurt, I think they speak for themselves.

The size of the vehicle.

Gas mileage.