1999 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
My first SUV
By Delirious1 on 03/15/09 12:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I used to drive muscle cars, and my last vehicle was a 95 Jeep Wrangler. I wanted/needed a SUV. I bought the 99 Expy a few months ago. I have only two complaints. The factory cd changer quit working and the transfer case seems to not want to come out of 4 hi. After a pricey estimate to "diagnose but not to repair the problem" from 4 different shops, I pulled the front driveshaft to temporarily save my vehicle from any major trans damage.

Old Reliable
By Charles Black on 02/15/09 17:39 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased my Expedition 3 years used with 33000 miles. It now has 125000 on it and I have not had any problems with it. I've taken many family trips all over without any issues. I wish that all the vehicles I've owned were as trouble free as this one. I have no plans to replace it and hope it continues to run forever.

A family friendly vehicle
By hansonfamily on 06/29/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought the vehicle for the size and we have a large family. We have been allover the East coast, never have had any problems. At the present time we 185000 miles on the truck, and would not hesitate to drive it anywhere.

My Expedition
By nlvjenn on 03/13/08 12:29 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have never had any major problems with my Expedition at all. I love the way it drives, it has plenty of room, and handles well in any condition. I bought it in Oct. of 2003, and it had 53,000 on it. It now has 83,000 and runs perfect. The air conditioning in awesome (I live in Vegas). I have only had to change out 2 of the coils. Other than that it has only needed the regular maintenance stuff, brakes, tires and oil changes. I just love it , and know that it has many more years in it for me and my family.

Best SUV on the Market
By Mark on 03/09/07 16:23 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this truck for 4 years now, buying it with 72000 miles and currently 120,000, absolutely no problem! I drive it 50 miles a day and it's been ol' reliable. I know that when I look at a new one in a few years they will be just as good.

My wife loves her truck
By Mat Koenig on 02/09/07 10:46 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this truck with about 80K miles and it has pulled two boats and driven a family of 8 for the last 4 years and my wife wouldn't let me sell it to buy her a new Toyota SUV.

Great 7 year old SUV
By rbush on 11/17/06 19:31 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I bought this SUV new in 1999 and now have 95,000 miles on it. It has performed extremely well over the years and has been very reliable and easy to drive. It is great for towing boats and Waverunners as well as U-Hauls to take kids to college. The throttle valve assembly was replaced at 86K miles but otherwise no major repairs other than routine maintenance. I would definitely buy another if I needed a large SUV.

JANEILE'S REVIEW
By jkdockmomm on 09/01/06 16:43 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I am currently on my 3rd Ford Expedition. I have been involved in two accidents with the previous two and just bought my third. In both accidents, one being a 60mph head on collision and the other being about a 45-50 mph front end crash, there was no one hurt in our vehicle; both accidents resulted in the Expeditions being completely totaled. The Expedition may be tough on the wallet when it comes to gas and mileage but i have just purchased my 3rd Ford Expedition and would not even think about driving anything else. You feel like you own the road when driving them and in two very serious accidents with no one getting hurt, I think they speak for themselves.

Never ever we will buy Ford
By Alan on 05/29/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Bought it new for my wife, the list price was over $39,000. We had so many little problems that's cost a lot to be fixed. Air ride bags $800. Air conditioner. leaking water $750. Power bank (it's like spark plugs) $800. Heater trap door activator $1000. Head light auto switch, rear wiper, sticky linkage cable...etc. All of that on top of bad gas mileage. I just can't help it but compare it to my trusty 1994 Honda Accord with 153,000 miles and tell my self why... why... why... you stupid had to buy a Ford?

Great buy for the family and off roading
By Ford Steve on 04/30/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I have owned this car for about 5 years and i am very satisfied with the car. the family is comfortable on long trips and has enough room for trips to the Home Depot. we have dirt bikes and tow a 4x10 trailer with no problem. As we connect the trailer the back end goes down about three inches, but within seconds the airbag suspension turns on and lifts it up to normal height and it even helps climb the dirt roads. I have only had two problems so far. My head gasket had to be replaced at about 50,000 miles and my heater core had to be replaced at about 70,000 miles. And it was not a happy time because my Ford dealer has terrible service. Other than those two things the car is a great car.