1999 Expedition Eddie Bauer
By pestka on
1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV
I have had the Expy for a couple years and now have 270100 miles on her. One engine re-build and transmission is all I have had to do over the years.I hear about how the milage is, but I am getting 17ish in town and 20ish on the Hwy with the 5.4, people if dont shove your foot through the fire wall upon acceleration this is possible milage for all! I cannot believe how reliable this vehicle has been weather hauling the boat or the groceries this vehicle has meet my needs. She has handled all Wisconsin can throw at it. Ice, snow, and heat she comes through!!! Henry would approve of this bad@ss machine. I cannot belive someone traded me a mint Expy for a 2wd Sportage straight up, what a goof!
Favorite Features
I have to say the AWD is the most loved feature, in winter it is so nice not to have to switch to 4WD while driving, specially when the wife is in it. My kids would say the moon roof is the best, for some reason this is the greatest thing in their young eyes! Secondly i love the storage, you would not believe how many McDonalds toys one can find when doing a good cleaning job, record is 9!
Suggested Improvements
The only improvement I would recommend would be to make some room so a guy dosent have to hyperextend every part of the body to do repairs/maintenance, I do my own work and hate how in the day you could change plugs in 15 minutes, and now it takes an hour plus you gotta take half the top end to get at the plugs. Other than that this is an incredible machine as this is my first Ford I am impressed!