1999 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Roomy and Fun to Drive
By Nard on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my vehicle for going on three years and I have loved every minute of it. I have 60,000 miles on it now and I have had no major repairs. There was something wrong with my starter coil but that only cost me 60 bucks. I love it on the highway and in the city. I want to check out the 2003 model....

Family Favorite
By jrc346 on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Have 60,000miles on with out a problem. Has been an absolutely terrific vehicle and very reliable.

Reliable
By Gregory on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Absolutely no breakdowns or fixes in 35000 miles. My family enjoys the roomy interior on long trips. Great in the snow. Rough ride though with solid rear axle. Second seat is easy to work. Third row seat comes in handy at times.

The first, but not the last
By billell on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

No major problems in the three years that I've owned this vehicle. Placed an order for a 2003 today and hopefully, will be driving that one by the end of this month

Good Vehicle
By penrose on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Have had the vehicle for about 8 months, bought used with 27,000 miles. Now have 34,000 and I like it very much. Very comfortable, good power (5.4), looks nice. Lately it unfortunately has been at the shop. Had a fan belt pulley repaced, radio had short in it, power drivers window broke, and now it has been in shop for 3 days because of a bad smell coming from A/C area. Technicians are stumped. Other than that I like the vehicle.

Glad I didn't buy a Suburban
By SUVLUVR on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

After 2.5 years and 52,000 miles with my Expedition, I have no regrets. Love the looks of the Eddie Bauer as well as the standard features. This vehicle seems to be just the right size - a little smaller than a Suburban (easier to park), a little bigger than a Tahoe/Yukon (more cargo/passenger space). It has more second seat leg room than the Suburban. It's a great tow vehicle with more than adequate power. I wish a power passenger seat was available. Road noise on concrete pavement is a bit intrusive as the original equipment Goodyear RTS tires wear down. The ride is a bit jiggly (it has the 4-corner leveling system), but the handling is very car-like.

99 Eddie bauer
By duff on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Rides well, once you get used to the height. Very comfortabel over long distances. 3rd seat a wee bit tight. Tows well. Leather has held up nicely.

1999 Expedition
By Cornhusker172 on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

No problems in 3 years of hard driving. Lots of romm and space for most any need.

seems to be a great vehicle
By cjbseven on 04/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

haven't had it long but it seems like the best vehicle we could have purchased for the price

expedition 99
By adr on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Easy to drive, drives like a car. Comfortable, lots of cargo space.