1999 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Great 7 year old SUV
By rbush on 11/17/06 19:31 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I bought this SUV new in 1999 and now have 95,000 miles on it. It has performed extremely well over the years and has been very reliable and easy to drive. It is great for towing boats and Waverunners as well as U-Hauls to take kids to college. The throttle valve assembly was replaced at 86K miles but otherwise no major repairs other than routine maintenance. I would definitely buy another if I needed a large SUV.

Never ever we will buy Ford
By Alan on 05/29/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Bought it new for my wife, the list price was over $39,000. We had so many little problems that's cost a lot to be fixed. Air ride bags $800. Air conditioner. leaking water $750. Power bank (it's like spark plugs) $800. Heater trap door activator $1000. Head light auto switch, rear wiper, sticky linkage cable...etc. All of that on top of bad gas mileage. I just can't help it but compare it to my trusty 1994 Honda Accord with 153,000 miles and tell my self why... why... why... you stupid had to buy a Ford?

I LUV THIS SUV!
By LLcoolG on 04/22/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I have had this SUV for 2 1/2 years. I love it. As long as I can afford the gas, I'll keep it. It is so comfortable for me and my large family.

1999 ExpeLemon Eddie Bauer - Burned By F
By disgruntled_at_ford on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

replaced emissions sensor at 45,000, altenator at 47,000 and transmission at 84,000. never seen such horrible quality.

Good truck for the money
By kimco on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

When our lease for our Tahoe was up we wanted to buy our next SUV. For the money the Exp was the best bet. Compaired to the Tahoe it didnt match up. But for the money we can't beat it. I wish it got better gas mileage. I only get 13 city/hwy. If money was not a option I would have another Tahoe.

By happytobealive on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Yesterday I was involved in a serious accident with my 1999 Expediation. If it wasn't for the fact that the truck was so well built and the handling was so tight, I wouldn't be here today. The drivers door took the full impact and the drivers compartment was not compromised in any way. Both myself and my husband (who was driving) walked away. The truck was totalled and I am going right out and buy another!! Excellent truck!

SPARK PLUG BLOWS OUT #3
By RON BLONIGEN on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

DRIVEING IN TRAFFIC STARTED TO MOVE AGAIN THIS TRUCK MADE A NOISE LIKE THE WHOLE BOTTOM END WAS COMING APART,CALLED FORD PARTS HOUSE THEY TOLD ME THAT THIS IS A PROBLEM THAT FORD NOISE ABOUT AND HAS A UPDATED PART FOR THE PROBLEM I CALL THE 800 HELP LINE THE PERSON WHO I TALKED TO TOLD ME THAT AT THIS TIME FORD HAS A TSB ON THE PART AND THAT FORD IS JUST TRYING TO MAKE A BETTER PART FOR THE CUSTUMER. THIS REPAIR COST ME 1800.00 TO HAVE FIXED IM FAR FROM THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS THIS PROBLEM JUST LOOK ON LINE

Comfortable Ride
By psicoo on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I have been extremely satisfied with the handling and comfort of my expedition both on and off road. Averaging 18-19 miles per gallon, in my opinion is excellent for a large truck.

Fun Beast
By guru on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This was my first Expedition. I have since bought a 2002 Bauer for my wife and she loves it. We have three kids and there aren't many vehicles that you can put three car seats across. I have the 4.6L in both and I think they have great power. Gas mileage is awful but what do you expect from a beast like this.