1999 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Best Car ever owned
By Kenn Sa on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Of all the vehicles I've owned inn the past 26 years, this is by far my favorite. In the 10 years I have owned it, it has never left me stranded. I've replaced the tranny and performed routine maintenance and put in almost 190,000 miles. The interior controls are well placed and cabin space is very pleasing. The SUV handles well and still accelerates with verve.

Great buy for the family and off roading
By Ford Steve on 04/30/06 15:41 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I have owned this car for about 5 years and i am very satisfied with the car. the family is comfortable on long trips and has enough room for trips to the Home Depot. we have dirt bikes and tow a 4x10 trailer with no problem. As we connect the trailer the back end goes down about three inches, but within seconds the airbag suspension turns on and lifts it up to normal height and it even helps climb the dirt roads. I have only had two problems so far. My head gasket had to be replaced at about 50,000 miles and my heater core had to be replaced at about 70,000 miles. And it was not a happy time because my Ford dealer has terrible service. Other than those two things the car is a great car.

I'm Lovin' It
By I'm Lovin' It on 04/22/06 23:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I am a single mother working mother of two, and I have never been so happy with a vehicle since my first child. The comfort and reliability it has given me is outstanding. I love her so much I have given her a name ... "White Goldie". I know she takes a lot of gas, but she makes it up in the end with everything else.

not bad....
By me on 01/18/06 18:38 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Vehicle has done what I bought it for; except for that tire incident and replacing transmission gasket it hasn't required any major fixing ("knock on wood"). I would consider buying another when a hybrid version comes out.

love my expy
By expy 1 on 11/07/05 00:47 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Very dependable family ride; I enjoy towing and taking trips with it and the family too. lol.

Nice SUV
By TONI on 12/19/04 13:31 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Expensive to be worked on. Parts not cheap nor the tune up. Seems to hold up well up to about 80,000 miles, then lots of things go out under the hood. Overall a nice vehicle to drive, roomy but gas isn't cheap these days!

da Best
By frank the fish on 11/27/04 14:34 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

Very happy. Ford does have a better idea, and it's the Expedition. Very stable, smooth ride. Only down side -- lacks power with the 4.6

THE BEST TRUCK FOR THE BUCK!!!
By CRENSHAW-323 on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

The truck is great. Great power in the 5.4 motor. leather seats are the best.Got to have it on chrome rims. Ford rules. Gets all the girls. A real mans Suv. Lets be real, why pay 55,000 or more for the more expensive trucks when we know all automobiles breakdown and have problems.

323playa XLT 5.4 is a great value
By 323playa on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I think that the 5.4 XLT is great value.So far so good with reliability. (knock on wood).I got all the E.B. features on mine with the running boards,fog lights leather, third row ect. Gas isn't the best but it is a big suv and gas prices are high.I heard if u remove third row seat you could save a mile per gallon.So far i am happy with my expo.It runs very strong.

Ford = high maintenance
By FormerFordFan-2 on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

While in warranty I was forced to visit the dealer 4 times for repairs. But it was after the warranty expired that things really started to go wrong. Having spent over $9,000 in repairs since the warranty expired I am convinced that Ford sold me a defective vehicle and are continuing to sell this same vehicle still today. Sure the new one looks different, buts that’s just marketing hype. Inside this vehicle hasn’t changed, just ask any honest engineer or maintenance tech at Ford and they will tell you that the changes are cosmetic.