Still Going Strong!
By Mary on
1998 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD
Our Ford Expedition 1998 is still going strong with over 191,000 miles. We have taken it on many family road trip and in over ten years we have had few problems with it. We do regular oil changes and check ups but not through the dealer. We used a service station with a guy we trusted to do all repairs. Our interior is really starting to show its age but the exterior looks great with little rust. I would recommend anyone buying this truck especially one that doesn't have lots of miles on it. The only problem I had was a transmission station missing a crack in the drive shaft transmission collar due to the 1998 Expedition has the two piece not integral piece in the newer models. Mary
Favorite Features
We loved the four wheel drive and the flexibility to pop out the seat and haul stuff from shopping. We moved over 20,000 pounds on a local move to our new residence. We loved the trailer hitch and hauled our other vehicle across country. This saved us from having to pay to move the other vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
If I had it to do over I would have purchased a different color than white with tan interior. The white really show the dirt and the interior is filthy with pets and children. Other than that I love it.