1998 Ford Expedition Consumer Review: Awesome Sport Ute

1998 Ford Expedition - Consumer Review

Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Awesome Sport Ute
By hoseman on

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I recently trade the first Ford vehicle I have owned in approximately 15 years. Sikeston Motor Co. in Sikeston, MO gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. I needed a full size sport utility and the only thing that fell into my price range was the Expedition. I checked with the owner and he had paperwork documenting the maintenance history. The only problem I've had was a single ignition coil and the vehicle has been all over the country. Including off road to various hunting and camping locations. I wouldn't consider buying anything else unless it was a diesel Excursion.

High Horsepower. Gears to pull a house. Excellent seating capacity with room for the family and more. Very comfortable and the leather seats are holding up very well.

Availability of a diesel in the Expedition as well as the Excursion would be a vast improvement. The 5.4L is an excellent motor with good horsepower, but the Power Stroke would add performance and add fuel mileage.