1998 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
1998 Expedition
By Dguynes on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

My vehicle has been very reliable...Great comfort with no mechanical problems. The ride is very smooth

My Expedition
By Carrothead on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Never had any mechanical problems, only a few electrical problems which included replacing the rear wiper motor and the signal control unit on the steering column. Do not like lugging the heavy 3rd seat in and out. Wish there was a way to firmly secure the 3rd seatbelts down when 3rd seat not in use - they swing wildly if not secured - I use a mat in the back for cargo so locking them back in place is not an option. Would like the air vents to be a little more variable in their directional control. Otherwise, I love my Expedition and will buy another for sure.

Expensive to keep
By Roamer on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a fine truck (when it runs & the "ck engine" lights aren't on.) Lots of problems (after warranty expired!) w/alleged water leakage & spark plug/coil paks going bad. All very pricey to repair. O.D. "off" switch broke. Manual lumbar adj. broke. Dealer service poor. Tends to "wander" on freeway despite alignment & tire change. Rear wiper works erratically. Beautiful truck; too bad it doesn't measure up to my old Suburban. Mileage w/4.6 better than expected- about 16-17 hwy.

Best vehicle I have owned!
By David D. on 02/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I have changed the oil, braks and tires, that is it!! I really enjoy mine, so much that I just got a 2003. This is the most reliable vehicle and has served me well! I will always be an Expedition driver!

I enjoy it
By Marcus James on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Reliable, comfortable, secure feeling while driving.

Pretty decent Suv for the bucks
By Eaton52 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I have had my expedition since 1999, it hasn't given me much trouble, couple interior parts come apart which the dealer wanted way to much for ( wanted 300 bucks to fix a $5 part which literally took me 20 seconds to put in myself). the performance is decent, but could be improved with the 5.4 litre. i cammute to work everyday and it gets me there in back with comfort, it is great inside, very fun to drive and is an easy riding car with great vision out of the power front seats.

a good all around suv
By putang on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

have had no problems with it so far. the gas is kinda expensive but other than that its a good car and drives like a champ...........I put a K&N intake on it and that made it sound clean and mean.

quality
By ander on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Based on thr F-150 this is a solid reliable truck with a solid engine and a nice body.

Best SUV on the market
By Exped.Dave on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had several SUV's, and they always lacked in either power, performance, looks, or reliability. The Ford Expedition has not failed me in any of these areas. Great handling SUV with a lot of power and comfort.

Ford did it right!!!!
By Ford did it right!! on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my 4th SUV and I have finally found the truck that meets my criteria of what a SUV is all about. Room, comfort, performance (off/on road), power, reliability with a great look. I live in Colorado and spend every weekend in the mountains. This truck powers our group up the mountain with our snowmobiles or boat with out any hesitation. Pleanty of room for passanges and gear. I have driven this SUV hard and it has not missed a beat. My other SUV's (Cherokee, Explorer, Toyota) all had power issues and were falling apart at 60,000 miles. I have 100,000. on my Expedition and have only changed the tires, brakes, and shocks. Great truck!