Used 1998 Ford Expedition Consumer Reviews - 82 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

1998 Ford Expedition

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

4WD Towing machine
By Mitch

1998 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle for pulling my 2300 lb. boat and for hauling people around. We have gone all over America on trips in this. Always dependable. Good job on Ford's part, an excellent truck.

5.4L Triton V-8, Tow package, 4WD, 8 person capacity.

Durability of spark plugs.

Ford Expo owner
By jennifer

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Vehicle is very well built and dependable, have enjoyed owning it for 4 years and make no plans on selling it.

Comfort and reliability.

13 miles to gallon with these high gas prices; expensive to maintain. Only driven on weekends for pleasure.

Good Used SUVs
By Irish Red

1998 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I like the quick pickup - smooth handling and the comfortable ride - for an SUV.

The leather seats wear and clean well. Sound system with CD changer is really nice. Third seat pops out easily and the 2nd folds down to carry a lot of stuff.

Third row seating is practical only for children or very small adults.

The Expedition
By Matt

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

So far with this SUV, I have never once broken down. Of couse you have the "here and there" replacements, but it NEVER left me stranded once! This vechicle is strong too. When driving in the snow and other road conditions, I never go stuck with the 4WD system.

I like the leather seats, rear heat/ air, power 3rd seat vents, radio control in rear.

A little more performance would be nice (a few more horses).

I love my Ford!
By Sean McKenzie

1998 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I am in construction as is my Ford Expedition; we both handle it very well. It has all the power I need for towing yet a very smooth ride that my 6 month old daughter enjoys. It sticks to wet or even icy roads well and takes mud and rough terrain with ease. I change the oil and keep up on scheduled maintenance and it has never hinted at any mechanical problems to date. I realize it is not the funnest task to wrestle the third seat out if you need the extra space but other than the weight of the seat itself it unlatches nicely. I have 5 children who love riding in "daddy's big truck" and would never put them in anything that I was not sure about. I am SURE about my Expedition.

4 wheel drive on the fly, rear air, lots of horses and torque, 118 cu. ft. of cargo with no third seat and back seats folded down.

Third seat fold into floor (which was improved in 2003).