1998 Expedition XLT
By millerford on
1998 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV
This suv is a great starter vehicle. This is the first vehicle I have ever purchased and being new to the driving world, being brought in with a 1998 Ford Expedition was the best way to enter. I have owned my Expo for a few months and it's been nothing but a joy. Even with the Triton 4.6 V-8 it still gets the job done and well I might add. I can haul all my friends around and not fret about their safety because this thing is so large. I have nothing but positive things to say about Ford and my truck. The only thing that doesn't work on my truck is the 6-disk CD changer due to a bad reader. Hmmm, this is a feature GM didn't offer back in '98; go figure, they're always behind on everything.
Favorite Features
My favorite features would have to be the 6-disk CD changer, rear audio controls, over head console (storage outside temp. etc), steering wheel mounted cruise control (AWESOME FEATURE!) and plenty of power outlets. Oh and to all the people that want their rear audio turned off 3 and 5 on the radio.
Suggested Improvements
My only suggestions (constructive criticism); bad idea to use the Explorer A/C and heating for rear passengers. Not a good idea for a vehicle its size; should always come with vents in the celling and not two little A/C vents on the back of the center console (above rear audio controls).