Used 1998 Ford Expedition XLT SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

1998 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Dependable
By Jean

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my expedition two years old in 2000. It had 26000 miles. I just traded it in March 2010. It had 196000 miles. I loved EVERYTHING about this truck except the gas consumption.

Favorite Features

Space, handling feel on the road. It makes you want to travel

Suggested Improvements

Better gas consumption, fix problem with child looks. Both my brother and I had the same problem.

Built Ford Tough!
By charleston girl

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I have been driving my Expedition for 11 years. It has 146,000 miles on it. I haul kids and my 3 dogs in it. It is the best vehicle Ihave ever owned. It is time to replace it and I am more than likely going to get another one! I recommend this vehicle highly. It has been in the shop very little. No major repairs... Was hit in the rear with 4 kids in my car not one scratch on anyone. The vehicle is like a Mack Truck. Very solid and sturdy. I feel very safe in this vehicle.

Pretty decent Suv for the bucks
By Eaton52

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I have had my expedition since 1999, it hasn't given me much trouble, couple interior parts come apart which the dealer wanted way to much for ( wanted 300 bucks to fix a $5 part which literally took me 20 seconds to put in myself). the performance is decent, but could be improved with the 5.4 litre. i cammute to work everyday and it gets me there in back with comfort, it is great inside, very fun to drive and is an easy riding car with great vision out of the power front seats.

Favorite Features

the thrid row seat, we use it often with the grandkids. the rear a/c gives my kids their own control. great comfortability in the cockpit, everything easily in reach.

Suggested Improvements

the interior cosmetic parts suck and always fall apart, ford needs to fix that junk. could use a little more pep for being a gas hog.