1998 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Dependable
By Jean on 03/14/10 22:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my expedition two years old in 2000. It had 26000 miles. I just traded it in March 2010. It had 196000 miles. I loved EVERYTHING about this truck except the gas consumption.

Built Ford Tough!
By charleston girl on 12/13/09 07:49 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I have been driving my Expedition for 11 years. It has 146,000 miles on it. I haul kids and my 3 dogs in it. It is the best vehicle Ihave ever owned. It is time to replace it and I am more than likely going to get another one! I recommend this vehicle highly. It has been in the shop very little. No major repairs... Was hit in the rear with 4 kids in my car not one scratch on anyone. The vehicle is like a Mack Truck. Very solid and sturdy. I feel very safe in this vehicle.

Pretty decent Suv for the bucks
By Eaton52 on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I have had my expedition since 1999, it hasn't given me much trouble, couple interior parts come apart which the dealer wanted way to much for ( wanted 300 bucks to fix a $5 part which literally took me 20 seconds to put in myself). the performance is decent, but could be improved with the 5.4 litre. i cammute to work everyday and it gets me there in back with comfort, it is great inside, very fun to drive and is an easy riding car with great vision out of the power front seats.