Used 1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

my suv
By sarah

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

My husband bought it for me for mothers day this year (09) and we love it so very much..Over 200,000 miles on her and still runs like a champ..With the exeption to the number 4 spark plug fouling. And it not being owner friendly on replacing it yourself..And its hard to find someone to fix it who doesnt want your first born for the price..lol..But other then the cost od up keep and crappy gas and the third row seat , love it and will get another when this one dies.Hope not for a few more years atleast.

Favorite Features

I love the disc changer being hidden kinda..And i love having room ..And i love if my daughter has a spill , its so easy to clean and doesnt stain like cotton.

Suggested Improvements

Third row seat , gas and the spark plug access.

Beastly Vehicle
By savage74012

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I could not be more thrilled with this vehicle. I bought it a year ago and it has never failed me yet. the interior room is amazing, and the luxury suspension provides a perfect ride. The 5.4L V-8 engine is extremely powerful, making the vehicle surprisingly fast. If you throw your foot into it, be prepared to be thrown back into your seat. I tend to drive it rather rough, but it never fails me when i need it. haven't had the chance to tow anything with it yet, but I'm confident it could handle most anything. The Shifting is also exceptionally smooth. The gas mileage is poor (average 12MPG) but keep in mind that this isn't meant to be an economy vehicle. My only regret is not getting the 4WD

Favorite Features

The interior is amazing. I have tons of room to haul my friends around, and no one complains about sitting in the back because of the ample leg room. The sound system is also great. (I have the Mach Stereo System)

Suggested Improvements

Most of it has already been fixed in later models, but my least favorite part is the rear end of the vehicle. It is very flat and rather ugly (in my opinion) however, the remainder of the SUV is beautiful. Overall a magnificent machine.

Great job
By niceandwild

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I bought my Expedition used with 32k. Just hit 100k. It has never failed me yet and given the fact that I am not the best at maintaining cars I love it. I have gone from Florida to New York several times and its great on long distance trips. Ford tough.

Favorite Features

Solid truck, lots of seating room. Reliablity. Visibility. Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Rear window washer stopped working after buying truck. Fuel economy is 13 mpg.

Best ca I ever owned.
By Daniel from S.A. TX

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I got this Expedition with 83k on it, now it has almost 200k and I am looking forward to 300k. Really comfy; we have looked at newer cars and just can't trade it away. Great car.

Favorite Features

I can't believe the turning radius on this thing, it's better than in cars half its size! The leather seats are so comfy, nice ride, and still looks great even thought it's nearly 9 years old.

1998 EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER SPORT
By BIG FAN

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Love this vehicle. Bought it almost 2 months ago and it has become our #1 car out of 3. I originally bought it for myself, but my husband has come to love it. It's now his. There's four in our family, and my husband sits in the driver's seat, I'm in the passenger, our son in the second row, and our daughter in the third row. It's a great car. I would surely buy another!

Favorite Features

Leather interior: luxury feel, 6 CD changer.

Suggested Improvements

Roomier third row: anyone over 3 feet will have to scrunch up to sit back here, but good for the kids.