1998 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
my suv
By sarah on 10/22/09 17:13 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

My husband bought it for me for mothers day this year (09) and we love it so very much..Over 200,000 miles on her and still runs like a champ..With the exeption to the number 4 spark plug fouling. And it not being owner friendly on replacing it yourself..And its hard to find someone to fix it who doesnt want your first born for the price..lol..But other then the cost od up keep and crappy gas and the third row seat , love it and will get another when this one dies.Hope not for a few more years atleast.

Beastly Vehicle
By savage74012 on 04/16/09 15:40 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I could not be more thrilled with this vehicle. I bought it a year ago and it has never failed me yet. the interior room is amazing, and the luxury suspension provides a perfect ride. The 5.4L V-8 engine is extremely powerful, making the vehicle surprisingly fast. If you throw your foot into it, be prepared to be thrown back into your seat. I tend to drive it rather rough, but it never fails me when i need it. haven't had the chance to tow anything with it yet, but I'm confident it could handle most anything. The Shifting is also exceptionally smooth. The gas mileage is poor (average 12MPG) but keep in mind that this isn't meant to be an economy vehicle. My only regret is not getting the 4WD

Great job
By niceandwild on 03/05/08 18:59 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I bought my Expedition used with 32k. Just hit 100k. It has never failed me yet and given the fact that I am not the best at maintaining cars I love it. I have gone from Florida to New York several times and its great on long distance trips. Ford tough.

Best ca I ever owned.
By Daniel from S.A. TX on 03/23/06 09:45 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I got this Expedition with 83k on it, now it has almost 200k and I am looking forward to 300k. Really comfy; we have looked at newer cars and just can't trade it away. Great car.

1998 EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER SPORT
By BIG FAN on 08/26/05 16:36 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Love this vehicle. Bought it almost 2 months ago and it has become our #1 car out of 3. I originally bought it for myself, but my husband has come to love it. It's now his. There's four in our family, and my husband sits in the driver's seat, I'm in the passenger, our son in the second row, and our daughter in the third row. It's a great car. I would surely buy another!

A++ Great truck
By 100yrs-of-FORDS on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I have had NO Problems w/this truck. I would buy another. 5.4L is great!

98 Expedition
By continuedfordowner on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Purchased in 98, put 3000+ miles first week on vacation from Dallas to Phoenix. Experienced violent cross (60mph-blowing motor homes off road) and head winds. Ran perfect in all conditions. Only one issue with brakes, which were replaced by Ford in 2000. Turns better than many cars, and better than all large SUV's. Hope my future Expedition runs as well as this one. Uses lots of gas, but it's moving a large vehicle.

Great SUV
By aclance1 on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

My experiance with my 1998 EB 4x4 5.4L Expedition has been great. I changed the original brakes at 75K I recently changed the original fan belt, other than that no major maitence has been required. This truck has been really good to me and you can fit tons of people and stuff in it.

1998 Expedition
By Dguynes on 05/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

My vehicle has been very reliable...Great comfort with no mechanical problems. The ride is very smooth

My Expedition
By Carrothead on 03/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

Never had any mechanical problems, only a few electrical problems which included replacing the rear wiper motor and the signal control unit on the steering column. Do not like lugging the heavy 3rd seat in and out. Wish there was a way to firmly secure the 3rd seatbelts down when 3rd seat not in use - they swing wildly if not secured - I use a mat in the back for cargo so locking them back in place is not an option. Would like the air vents to be a little more variable in their directional control. Otherwise, I love my Expedition and will buy another for sure.