1997 Ford Expedition - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
Sturdy truck for travelling back roads
By dbigfella on 05/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

This car has been several thousand miles into Mexico's highways and back roads and has never given me a problem. If you can stomach the gas mileage and you need a 4WD and/or big car, I highly recommend it. Another word of caution. It can be intimidating in tight corners and parking in major cities. But once you know your truck you'll be fine almost anywhere.

tran.sensors
By Mugs on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

factory tires lasted 28000 miles. Check engine light at 32K miles, had to replace transmission sensor pack ($350) although testing indicated nothing wrong with transmission. Check engine light again at 37K .... test indicates "smoke tube" needs replacing.

i'd buy one
By bud in a ford on 04/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

the only problem i have is that i cant change my own spark plugs and do some other typically "simple" services to this vehicle that i can do to some of my other older cars.

Love My Expedition
By Jason Myers on 03/22/02 17:45 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

I bought mine back in 97 when they 1st came out and from the time I took it home I feel in love, it very reliable NEVER got stuck out in the cold I have drove to Detriot,MI 3 times and with 12' of snow on the ground and this SUV took it like a pro. I like how roomy it is with lost of head room and extra space for friends or cargo I also like how versitile it is when you want to make changes to the exterior all I can say is this is a one of a kind suv.

Can't wait for the 2003 model!
By cobbed,man on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV

This has been a good family vehicle.

GREAT SUV
By KWY on 03/11/02 16:05 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Lots of power, very reliable, Nicely designed

First time happy with a Ford
By woman suv driver on 03/10/02 14:18 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV

I have not had one problem with my Expedition. I have had all the recalls done. After changing the tires it feels alot better on the road. I am selling it to a woman today and it is like leaving an old friend. I never thought I would get attached to a vehicle. Never had in the past. I'm glad she is going to another woman... Only complaint is they need to consider the size of some women when they design the vehicle like this.

Best Ever!
By Ex281 on 03/05/02 19:35 PM (PST)

1997 Ford Expedition XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the most functional, reliable, roomy, comfortable vehicle I've ever owned in 36 years of new car purchases.