1997 Ford Expedition SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:
97 expedition Great white.
By Ikeman on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We traded my beautifull black z71 pickup in for this Great big white Ex. At first we didnt know if we did the right thing, but soon realized that we couldnt have made a better choice.(I am a die hard ford man now.) It pulls anything and every thing you need to pull with no effort down the road. Sure the gas mileage could be better, but you have got to sacrafice a little for the power. The four wheel drive has never failed me. and I have never had to do anything besides the regular schudled tune ups. (125000 miles)

Great Value
By simbaor on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I have enjoyed owning my Ford Expedition for 6 years. It has served the needs of my family and has given us no trouble at all. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone.

The Ultimate Grocery Getter!!
By electricone on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my Expedition! I have three kids and really appreciate the roomy interior. I have had to put 3 car seats across the second row seat. There was plenty of room! I also don't have any problems fitting my double stroller, diaper bags, sports equipment, etc. in the back. I will never go back to a sedan again!!

Very Satisfied
By andrewtx on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

We bought this vehicle new and have been very satisfied. We travel quite a bit (with 2 kids) and it is very comfortable on long trips. We've used it to tow trailers and several occasions and had no problems. Only complaint is that the power door locks would quit working periodically. After trying to get Ford to fix them several times, I gave up and just started buying boxfuls of fuses and replace the fuse when the locks go out. No big deal. Only work done was brakes, tires and regular maintenace for > 100,000 miles

best car i've owned
By babymj on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

get the 5.4L get 2WD if you dont need 4WD, 2WD ride smoother

My Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD
By Dave and Judy on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Ford Expedition in April of 1997 from dealership "Bill Collis" in Louisville Ky. We have used our Expedition numberous times for vacations. The large interior has been not only comfortable but also invaluable in allowing large numbers of people, luggage and equipment to be hauled comfortably.

the best expedition
By john b on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

The 97 Expedition was a great vehicle and with proper service still is like new in 2003. This year was a better vehicle than the 98-00 similar models. I recommend the 97 XLT--as a great used car to acquire.

the best expedition
By John B on 04/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great full size SUV.
By letsroll on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

The Ford Expedition defined the full-size SUV as we know it today. It was the first to offer a ride and handling more akin to a car than a tank (of course, such a large vehicle cannot be expected to handle like a Miata). My Expedition has never given me a bit of trouble. It still drives and rides like the day I bought it. Unlike previous GM products I have owned, there are no interior rattles, and the only things I have ever replaced are the tires (65K), and the fluids and filters. It tows trailers like they're not even there, and it can't be stopped off road. I hope ever vehicle I own hereafter performs this well. Kudos to Ford.

They are wonderful... buy one
By Satisfied 2nd owners on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Ours replaced a Land Rover. We use the 4WD and we drive it more than 30K mi/yr. It continues to be a superb vehicle. We have every intention of replacing it with a new Expedition.