2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV 5.4L V8 FFV 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV - Consumer Reviews

Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:
Great family vehicle
By Brett Rowley on 05/07/09 15:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

With 3 children (12, 9, 5) and quite a few long driving vacations, we spend quite a bit of time in the Expedition EL. I cannot say enough good things about it. We previously bought my wife a Honda Pilot, but almost immediately sold it and purchased the Expedition EL. The Pilot was a great SUV, but simply not big enough or comfortable enough for a large family and long trips. The overall interior comfort is outstanding, the audio/nav/touch screen technology is impressive, and the fuel economy is better than expected. We live in a rural area and spend no time sitting in traffic. Having said that, we average 17.5 miles in mixed use and 20 miles/gallon on the highway.

All Good
By John on 11/28/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Japanese and Germans only wish they could could build this. I drove the Toyota Sequoia and Mercedes GL and neather of them were even close. I can get 20mpg if I keep my foot out of it, not bad for a vehicle of this size. I have had four Expeditions since 1998 and they have all been great and only get better. I travel a lot with my family and everyone is always comfortable. I recently put 10,000 miles on it in one month and never got out of it feeling sore, thats a quality vehicle. I haven't been near the dealership with this Expedition except to look for a new truck.