2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:
Good for towing
By bcmichael on 06/04/11 09:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We bought this truck to tow our boat and travel trailer. Overall it is a very capable tow vehicle, the extended wheelbase and weight help ensure a stable ride when towing large trailers. The ride is very comfortable, so this is a good vehicle for long road trips. There is a ton of interior space, plenty of room for people and luggage. When both rows of passengers seats are folded flat you can fit 4x8 sheets of plywood/drywall flat on the floor with no problem. Gas mileage is what I expected for a vehicle this size, love the FlexFuel option as we are in the midwest and E85 is usually much cheaper than gasoline.

Good looks, but needs improvement
By digerati on 12/30/09 23:48 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The design of the vehicle inside and out are great and have a "tough" look and feel to it. There's lots of room, comfortable, and quiet inside. The power running boards integrates to the Expedition nicely, unlike the GM SUVs with the feature, which leaves unsightly gaps, unlike the Ford. Great comfort for all 8 seats. Plus the SYNC was easy to use. Build quality can be improved however. SYNC radio won't turn on using the power button, heated/cooled seats won't leave on, rear air suspension is noisy and vibrates, the power driver's seat rocks back and forth slightly, plastic chips and wood quality on steering wheel not good, chrome wheels has tarnish that was impossible to remove, etc.

The Best Full-Size Car
By Jason on 12/09/09 19:50 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best large SUV you can buy. For one the expedition el seems to have more interior space than the suburban, yukon xl , or the escalade esv. One other thing is that the ford feels more like a truck(which I like because I good off-road).

Great family vehicle
By Brett Rowley on 05/07/09 15:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

With 3 children (12, 9, 5) and quite a few long driving vacations, we spend quite a bit of time in the Expedition EL. I cannot say enough good things about it. We previously bought my wife a Honda Pilot, but almost immediately sold it and purchased the Expedition EL. The Pilot was a great SUV, but simply not big enough or comfortable enough for a large family and long trips. The overall interior comfort is outstanding, the audio/nav/touch screen technology is impressive, and the fuel economy is better than expected. We live in a rural area and spend no time sitting in traffic. Having said that, we average 17.5 miles in mixed use and 20 miles/gallon on the highway.

Excellent vehicle
By only1Moore on 04/11/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought the 2009 Expedition EL XLT 4x4 and it lived up to my expectations of what a large-size SUV should feel and look like. This is my first SUV and my first vehicle that I have ever bought in my life, and a long time dream to own one as well. I don't mind the price, since I got a great deal for it. The dark blue exterior was breath taking. The interior was top notch. As for road handling, the EL XLT can maneuver the rough pavements smoothly, especially on rainy days. The brakes are on point and the acceleration performs good. I like the extra cargo space, which came in handy for taking groceries and moving my household goods. If you were looking for a feel-good SUV, well, this is it!

All Good
By John on 11/28/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

The Japanese and Germans only wish they could could build this. I drove the Toyota Sequoia and Mercedes GL and neather of them were even close. I can get 20mpg if I keep my foot out of it, not bad for a vehicle of this size. I have had four Expeditions since 1998 and they have all been great and only get better. I travel a lot with my family and everyone is always comfortable. I recently put 10,000 miles on it in one month and never got out of it feeling sore, thats a quality vehicle. I haven't been near the dealership with this Expedition except to look for a new truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.