2008 Ford Expedition EL 5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fine machine

2008 Ford Expedition EL - Consumer Review

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Fine machine
By bigbear on

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful color (vapor grey)with amenities abound (especially automatic fold down running boards). great quality interior materials. did well in snow and rainy weather. This is my second expedition (I had an original 1997 first generation expedition.) world of difference between the two. very good power going up some grades, good acceleration. However, I found the 6cd changer to be rather user-not so friendly and the DVD player to be not easily accessible from the front seat. It is so new that I haven't had to experience problems yet and I am not expecting any.

Favorite Features

Overall, I like everything about this kid-mover-without-the-soccer-mom-or- dad-syndrome vehicle. great leather appointments, plenty of room for my kids to sit and move. I love Satellite radio, fold down running boards and first oil change at 7500 miles. The rear-view camera is very useful too.

Suggested Improvements

Awful gas mileage in town (thus far 12- 13 mpg) and dismal on highway 18- 19mpg) A Continuously variable transmission should attract many customers and holographic Head-up Display would be push it over the top