2008 Ford Expedition EL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:
Perfect for babies
By SteveK on 08/15/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

With a 20 month old son and twins on the way, my wife and I began searching for a vehicle that could easily accommodate our growing family and special needs. We needed a vehicle that had three sets of LATCH points in the same row as well as accommodate a Triple Stroller without using up all the cargo space. The Expedition EL was the only vehicle to do so. We now have our three sons in the middle row bench, all secured by LATCH. With the smaller portion of the third row folded to accommodate our stroller, we still have the ability to carry two more people back there in comfort along with all our stuff! Brilliant packaging job by Ford.

Forget the Suburban!
By RICH on 05/31/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Spent 1 week test driving several Suburbans (LTZ/ZR1) but I constantly went back to the Expedition. This is my first Ford so I did my research. The Expedition has significant more leg room for the 3rd row which is great for adults but is also huge when you have 2 car seats back there. The 3rd row fold flat feature carries significant weight against the Chevy Suburban. The actual trunk space is 1" shorter than Suburban but is almost 3" wider. Compare to a comparable LTZ the Ford is $8000 less and still has more features. The 6 speed transmission is smooth and responsive. The ride is much better than the Suburban. The independent rear suspension on Ford is much more forgiving as well.

So Far, So Good
By edjd on 04/11/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased 08 Silver color Limited w/ DVD, Rear Camera, Cpt. Chairs, High Tow, etc. We've had this vehicle for just over a month and my wife is very satisfied. We have 4 children, we used to have an 05' Odyssey, 2 kids middle capt.chair and 2 in 3rd row. In the Expeditoin now, we have the triplets in the 3rd row and our eldest in the middle row. Tons of room for family! 6 speed auto! Rear cargo capacity is very satisfactory and we really like the autofold seats! The rear camera integrated into the mirror! very quiet ride vs. Odyssey. DVD system has been working great! smooth ride and so many options, For our needs, it's a keeper! Gas is what it is, 6k lbs weight!

Toting Three under Three
By Froogle Father on 02/19/08 23:42 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Well this was a hard decision for us because we needed a vehicle that could handle three kids under three yrs old. We loved our VW Touraeg, but we couldn't put 3 car seats in a row comfortably plus have room for a double stroller. We looked at the Chevy Suburban LT3 and Our new Expedition Limited RWD. I will tell you I love the Expedition ELs power fold down seats and roominess on the inside. The MPG and no OnStar were drawbacks, but not enough to offset the amount of money I saved by purchasing the Expedition EL. Also the DVD could be easier to use since you have to be in the back to load the movies.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.