2008 Ford Expedition EL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:
Perfect for babies
By SteveK on 08/15/09 16:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

With a 20 month old son and twins on the way, my wife and I began searching for a vehicle that could easily accommodate our growing family and special needs. We needed a vehicle that had three sets of LATCH points in the same row as well as accommodate a Triple Stroller without using up all the cargo space. The Expedition EL was the only vehicle to do so. We now have our three sons in the middle row bench, all secured by LATCH. With the smaller portion of the third row folded to accommodate our stroller, we still have the ability to carry two more people back there in comfort along with all our stuff! Brilliant packaging job by Ford.

Best family vehicle we've owned
By Gary on 08/15/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the best family vehicle we have ever owned and we love it. We already have 40K miles on it (never in the shop except for oil changes and tire rotations) because we love taking vacations in it. We traded in our '03 Town and Country and the difference is night and day. So much more interior room and versatility without much difference in parking or gas mileage. We average 16 in every day use and 18 on highway at 75-80 mph. Our van only averaged 19 and got 17 with the cargo topper on the roof! Now we have so much room we don't need it (family of 6 plus a large dog). Very quiet and comfortable ride. Cheaper but much better value than imports or Sub/Tahoe. Can't say enough, great truck!

No more van mom
By Barbara on 05/14/09 05:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL King Ranch 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I have 3 kids and was sick of having a van that never had the horse power or the actual room that I wanted. We got the King ranch package and dark cooper exterior. I absolutely love it. There is more storage in the back than a van and more seating room. Very comfortable and we can move around without stepping on seats. I can pull the trailer now where I could not with my town and country. I was disappointed with the ford van, but would go back for another expedition anytime. The only things the kids miss is the satellite tv. I had to pay extra to add the moblie ease for the phone, but the truck is well worth everything else. The gas mileage is not so different from my van.

So far, So good.
By Woody on 07/19/08 22:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle for road trips for a family of six. It is the only vehicle we could find that had a full size third row and plenty of luggage room. All of my other vehicles are Toyota. Would have bought a Toyota if they built a model big enough. This vehicle is not Toyota quality, but I did not pay the Toyota price either. You can feel the transmission shift. Doors have to be slamed to completely shut. A lot of cheap feeling plactice surfaces. However they clean easily. MPG is 17 with six people and a full luggage rack on the roof. The vehicle has adequate power and is easy to drive. Everyone has a comfortable place to ride. Bottom line, we got what we thought we were getting.

Forget the Suburban!
By RICH on 05/31/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Spent 1 week test driving several Suburbans (LTZ/ZR1) but I constantly went back to the Expedition. This is my first Ford so I did my research. The Expedition has significant more leg room for the 3rd row which is great for adults but is also huge when you have 2 car seats back there. The 3rd row fold flat feature carries significant weight against the Chevy Suburban. The actual trunk space is 1" shorter than Suburban but is almost 3" wider. Compare to a comparable LTZ the Ford is $8000 less and still has more features. The 6 speed transmission is smooth and responsive. The ride is much better than the Suburban. The independent rear suspension on Ford is much more forgiving as well.

So Far, So Good
By edjd on 04/11/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased 08 Silver color Limited w/ DVD, Rear Camera, Cpt. Chairs, High Tow, etc. We've had this vehicle for just over a month and my wife is very satisfied. We have 4 children, we used to have an 05' Odyssey, 2 kids middle capt.chair and 2 in 3rd row. In the Expeditoin now, we have the triplets in the 3rd row and our eldest in the middle row. Tons of room for family! 6 speed auto! Rear cargo capacity is very satisfactory and we really like the autofold seats! The rear camera integrated into the mirror! very quiet ride vs. Odyssey. DVD system has been working great! smooth ride and so many options, For our needs, it's a keeper! Gas is what it is, 6k lbs weight!

Lovely
By Kahausler on 03/11/08 10:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4WD is the most awesome car ever. This is my first car to drive.

Toting Three under Three
By Froogle Father on 02/19/08 23:42 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Well this was a hard decision for us because we needed a vehicle that could handle three kids under three yrs old. We loved our VW Touraeg, but we couldn't put 3 car seats in a row comfortably plus have room for a double stroller. We looked at the Chevy Suburban LT3 and Our new Expedition Limited RWD. I will tell you I love the Expedition ELs power fold down seats and roominess on the inside. The MPG and no OnStar were drawbacks, but not enough to offset the amount of money I saved by purchasing the Expedition EL. Also the DVD could be easier to use since you have to be in the back to load the movies.

Fine machine
By bigbear on 02/04/08 20:27 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Beautiful color (vapor grey)with amenities abound (especially automatic fold down running boards). great quality interior materials. did well in snow and rainy weather. This is my second expedition (I had an original 1997 first generation expedition.) world of difference between the two. very good power going up some grades, good acceleration. However, I found the 6cd changer to be rather user-not so friendly and the DVD player to be not easily accessible from the front seat. It is so new that I haven't had to experience problems yet and I am not expecting any.

Cheap Hub Dubs
By Frookie Tims on 10/09/07 14:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We bought the EL because GM does not feel that adults or children sit in the third row in the Denali or Suburban. Well they lost a sale because of it. Ford knows how to make a third row work for adults over six feet. Everyone is comfy in all rows.The engine is under powered and the EL is heavy aka its slow. The six speed tranny does give you the feeling of speed but realiity can set in quickly...ie merging. The gadgets are great like the power folding 3rd row and the back door. The seats are great all around. We noticed the leather seats were longer than the cloth seats..yes odd. The gas mileage is not good. Fake chrome Dubs is very bad..chrome covers? Why, Ford why?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.