2007 Ford Expedition EL Consumer Review: Excellent ride. Safety feature

2007 Ford Expedition EL - Consumer Review

XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Excellent ride. Safety features are A+
By Shawn L on

2007 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

On our way to CO from TX we got a chance to test AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control. I could easily say this technology saved our lives (8 adults WITH luggage). It was dark and a few deer showed up in front of us. We were going ~80mph and my sister instinctively threw the steering wheel sharply to the right. I immediately braced for rollover because a maneuver like that would have surely flipped us over; but it did not. While we fishtailed violently in the aftermath my sister needed only to hold the steering wheel straight. The car regained control soon after and we were all amazed at how it did it. To think what could have happened if this feature hadnít come standard is frightening.

With an EL XLT pretty much everything we got was standard. Of the standard features our favorites are: RSC; instant fuel economy, miles to empty, and on-board diagnostics check; extremely smooth ride; great sounding stock stereo system; adult-friendly 3rd row seats; smooth 6-speed tranny.

No adjustable pedals option (maybe only for XLT trim?). Low mileage, but that's expected. Still, when cruising on the highway, we average 20mpg with no AC and with mixed driving we average 16.3 mpg. The interior plastics have a modern almost cheap feel to them, but the look grows on you in no time.