My 4th Expedition
By Mike on
2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)
This is my 4th Expedition since approximately 1996, the last 3 were Eddie Bauer versions. Without question the 2007 version has undergone the most notable change from any other year. Most significant is the insulation, shifter configuration, ride, and availability of "high-end" features (i.e., heated & AC seats, auto rear lift & close tailgate, navigation, etc.). In my opinion the car is evolving into the Lincoln Navigator (LN) at a rapid pace. Unless the LN is turbo charged and upgraded with a Rolls Royce transmission, these vehicles will be nearly identical in 5-6 years.
Favorite Features
The hot/cold seats actually work & are probably the most novel feature. However, the auto tailgate is probably the most practical. The navigation system is neat but hard to justify. The ride & insulation are much better than the 04 model. I heard air-shocks make the ride better. I didn't buy them.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is terrible. I'm averaging 10.9 around town, and I'm driving slow. I think it's worse than all prior Expeditions. There are fewer pockets around the perimeter to slip magazines and oddities into than last year. The auto folded side view mirrors are only available on the Limited - darn.