2007 Ford Expedition EL 5.4L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good Truck, Should Improve

2007 Ford Expedition EL - Consumer Review

2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Good Truck, Should Improve
By marco on

2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Top of the line $52K Limited, literally every option. Love the size, comfort, quietness, rigidity, towing capacity and so much more. I owned a 2003 Exp and really loved it. That ownership experience brought me back to buy the new one. Overall Ford has done a spectacular job improving the vehicle. The engine is notably more powerful but the fuel economy still stinks. Of course being over 3 tons what should I expect? My neighbor purchased a new Tahoe, and this Exp kicks it big time! I have had lots of vehicles, and this one promises to be my favorite yet. I do wish it had a backup camera like the Infiniti and I hope when Ford offers it I can retrofit. Nav system needs improved.

Favorite Features

Seats, ride, quiet, look, feel, ergonomics, roominess, fold down seats, flat loading surface, air bag suspension, folding mirrors, vented rear windows, fuel capacity (though I want even more), fit and finish, color (tri coat white), big chrome wheels, heat & air, and on and on. Try the Lincoln too.

Suggested Improvements

Rear back up camera, transmission (feels like it slips), way better fuel economy (real world 12.3 average, 16.7 best hwy), more power, more leather, real wood dash, auto windows on all 4, head lights, more ground clearance, DVD capability from front seat, zip code navigation capable, brakes, stereo.