Used 2007 Ford Expedition EL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Expedition EL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:

Does what it was designed to do
By Perry III

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We drive the wheels off this vehicle (47,000 miles in less than two years) and feel qualified to write a comprehensive review. This is the third Expedition we've owned and definitely the best of the lot. My wife hauls our three sons and their buddies all over the place. I am an 18 year state trooper accident reconstructionist and am thoroughly impressed with safety considerations designed into this vehicle (side airbags down the full length of the cabin, nimble steering, excellent brakes, roll stability control, and traction control). This is a very capable large vehicle, much better than the Excursion or any competitor in overall usefulness and safety.

Safety features mentioned above

The Pirelli Scorpion original equipment tires were disappointing in regard to traction and short lived. Ford needs to work on fuel efficiency across the board with all their products.

Not That Great
By bestflbroker

2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle in December of 06 as soon as it hit the showroom. We don't have a bunch of kids and use it strictly to go back and forth from our vacation home. The vehicle does not hold up well even with just 2 adults. We have had carpet pull loose twice, an armrest break and something happens occasionally at stop lights that feels like another car rear ended us. The dealership tells us they have never heard of this although other owner's Expeditions have been known to do this also. Very underpowered for a vehicle of this size. We don't haul with it, have an F250 for that so I can't think of any excuse. Really glad it's a lease can't wait to turn it in. Going back to GM.

Power fold rear seat

Build it like it's an import.

Great Vehicle
By whatasave33

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the Expedition, like others, when our third child was born. We ran out of room (even with third row seating) in my 2006 Explorer EB to put all three car seats as well as put a double stroller in the cargo area. This SUV is top-notch. Everything I was looking for in an SUV.

The interior and exterior design are far superior to GM, Powerfold 3rd row ensures no climbing in the cargo area to fold seats down, power liftgate, plenty of powerpoints, 2 tone charcoal/tan leather seating, large sunroof

As in any SUV of this size, fuel economy is not good, but not much worse than my 6 cyl Explorer, lack of power (especially on acceleration) and overall braking is a little slower due to weight and amount of sensors

Great Ride
By cstanford

2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2001 Chevy Tahoe and decided with our third child on the way That we needed something larger. I love this vehicle. We travel many long road trips and this has been great. I love all the extra room we have in it.

Automatic fold third row seats, auto tailgate, heated/cooled seats, nav system, satellite radio, dvd system, captains chairs

The only thing I would like to have is more power.

Joy to drive
By s nissley

2007 Ford Expedition EL XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased mid Nov, 7000 miles in less than 2 month and really enjoyed the drive. Some one needs to wakeup about gas mileage, my 57 olds 98 got better gas mileage.

Love the vehicle, it's a great package from the Sirius radio to the seats and handling. Couldn't be happier.

Do some thing about the mileage. Wake up those engineers. There is no reason the mileage can't be improved.