2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:
We love our Expedition EL
By Barry on 06/01/09 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We really enjoy our EL. It is fun, safe, roomy, quiet, gives us about 19 mpg on the highway at 70-80 mph. It gives us about 13.8 around the city, and I'll pay for the gas for the added safety of the F-150 chassis. The visibility is excellent, great mirrors, and backup sensors make you look like a pro when parking. The turning radius is better than many "small" cars. The Limited is about 10K cheaper than the Linclon Navigatior and I can't see the value in the Navigator. The Ford gives you everything you need. You can't go wrong with this vehicle. It's worth every cent of the extra fuel that you burn over a crappy little car that you will learn to hate.

Brake issues 2007 Expedition
By Todd on 05/05/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My right front brake caliper failed at less than 41000 miles resulting in approx. $700.00 in repairs. Ford Motor Company denied any assistance for the repairs on a vehicle that is TWO YEARS OLD ! I understand that the vehicle was 4000 miles over warranty, however this is a NEW vehicle. I am curious to see if any other Expedition owners have a similiar story to tell. Ford's poor treatment of a long time customer has me doubting my brand loyalty. I am totally dissatisfied with their handling of my situation and advised them I would be sharing my experience with other consumers.

2007 Ford Expedition EL 4 WD
By Julie on 04/01/09 16:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this SUV due to having an older expedition and loving it. We wanted a little more room and 4 WD. I was worried about fuel and mileage but not worried anymore. I love the leather and the dvd system. Plenty of storage even when the 3rd row seat is up. I recommend this SUV to anyone.

Great Mini Van Replacement
By Laurey C on 03/07/09 06:05 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this SUV and loved the interior room. Drives nicely and feel safe on every drive.I was worried about the Fuel Economy; however it is only 1 mile less per gallon than my Toyota Sienna. I do not even notice the mileage difference. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

Love it!
By CathyB on 07/24/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

A true sports car fan, but must say I really love the versitillity & handling of this vehicle. Ford did a great job on the design both exterior and interior. Bought an 07 closeout so I wasn't able to find all the options desired in the color desired, but love it just the same. The stereo is wonderful and road noise is minimal. Love the extra wide back doors which makes loading of both cargo and people so easy. The leg room is great even in the 3rd row. The only item I still have trouble with are the window buttons. I think it is more of an operator than design. Still under 5K in miles but getting 16 MPG and say that will get better. I feel very safe, easy to handle and a smooth ride.

Does what it was designed to do
By Perry III on 07/06/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We drive the wheels off this vehicle (47,000 miles in less than two years) and feel qualified to write a comprehensive review. This is the third Expedition we've owned and definitely the best of the lot. My wife hauls our three sons and their buddies all over the place. I am an 18 year state trooper accident reconstructionist and am thoroughly impressed with safety considerations designed into this vehicle (side airbags down the full length of the cabin, nimble steering, excellent brakes, roll stability control, and traction control). This is a very capable large vehicle, much better than the Excursion or any competitor in overall usefulness and safety.

Not That Great
By bestflbroker on 06/29/08 09:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We leased this vehicle in December of 06 as soon as it hit the showroom. We don't have a bunch of kids and use it strictly to go back and forth from our vacation home. The vehicle does not hold up well even with just 2 adults. We have had carpet pull loose twice, an armrest break and something happens occasionally at stop lights that feels like another car rear ended us. The dealership tells us they have never heard of this although other owner's Expeditions have been known to do this also. Very underpowered for a vehicle of this size. We don't haul with it, have an F250 for that so I can't think of any excuse. Really glad it's a lease can't wait to turn it in. Going back to GM.

Great Vehicle
By whatasave33 on 05/12/08 10:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Bought the Expedition, like others, when our third child was born. We ran out of room (even with third row seating) in my 2006 Explorer EB to put all three car seats as well as put a double stroller in the cargo area. This SUV is top-notch. Everything I was looking for in an SUV.

Great Ride
By cstanford on 03/24/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2001 Chevy Tahoe and decided with our third child on the way That we needed something larger. I love this vehicle. We travel many long road trips and this has been great. I love all the extra room we have in it.

Joy to drive
By s nissley on 01/14/08 15:13 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased mid Nov, 7000 miles in less than 2 month and really enjoyed the drive. Some one needs to wakeup about gas mileage, my 57 olds 98 got better gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.