Used 2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:

We love our Expedition EL
By Barry

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

We really enjoy our EL. It is fun, safe, roomy, quiet, gives us about 19 mpg on the highway at 70-80 mph. It gives us about 13.8 around the city, and I'll pay for the gas for the added safety of the F-150 chassis. The visibility is excellent, great mirrors, and backup sensors make you look like a pro when parking. The turning radius is better than many "small" cars. The Limited is about 10K cheaper than the Linclon Navigatior and I can't see the value in the Navigator. The Ford gives you everything you need. You can't go wrong with this vehicle. It's worth every cent of the extra fuel that you burn over a crappy little car that you will learn to hate.

Favorite Features

All of them. The voice activated system stinks, but who wants to talk to a car anyway. The backup sensors are worth thier weight in gold.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth phone adaptor for hands free calling. Upgradeable Nav system to keep up with Nav system improvements. The interior is nice, but could be a little more Cadillac like in the "Limited" model. Don't make me buy a Navigator -- I love my Ford.

Wife's dream car
By Gerald

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Wife always wanted large SUV, and when we had our last son, this gave here a reason to move up from Honda Element. We love this truck! Very, very comfortable and roomy. I thought this truck was just too big and excessive until I took it camping. Great for towing, never knew I had anything back there.

Favorite Features

Best feature by far is the 3rd row auto fold!. I can't figure out why GM hasn't incorporated this feature into their product line. It was definitely one of the deciding factors when I made the prchase. Also Love the rear auto door, and the heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

How hard is it to put a diesel into this truck? It the only thing missing

EL Limited WOW!
By jonesy

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I needed a SUV, fully loaded for family of 5. The EL Limited has exceeded all expectations. Smooth lines inside and out. Voice navigation, A/C for the seat (yes seat). The room is unbelievable. Nicer that most Navigators but cheaper. 9000lbs of towing capacity with auto leveling feature. Overall very pleased.

Favorite Features

Extra room, second and third row fold flat, unlike the competition. Colors and design (Tri-coat sand). Fold in mirrors for those tight spots. Smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

20" Chrome CLAD wheels could be alloys instead of covers.

2007 Exp EL 1st on the Coast
By Biloxi Mike

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Limited 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Received call today that our EL was in. Loaded the family up and went on a 65 mile run on I-10. 75 MPH. Mileage 19.2. After that, in town, 15.6 MPG. Stereo is straight from Pimp My Ride. The kids said as soon as the thumping stopped - cool! Third row for me at 6'1" is very roomy. 2nd row captains are great. Front seats with heat and A/C are super. Adjustments are luxury at its best. DVD/NAV screen is super. Brightness and ease of use are fine. 3rd row power fold without taking headrest off is great. Only CHEAP is the chrome clad wheel covers.

Favorite Features

Color - White Sand. HUGE looking but small feeling when you need to maneuver. Ride is Cadillac like - Smoooooooth! H.P. is appropriate. No trailer tow yet. Nav system is as good as a Lexus I have been in. Stereo is "sick" as my kids say.

Suggested Improvements

HID Lights. Rear camera system. More plush 2nd and 3rd row. 2nd DVD screen for 3rd Row. GM variable V8.