2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:
Window Regulator Problems
By JRWKILLEEN on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is the third Ford vehicle in eight years that has had broken window regulators. In the latest, two regulators broke on both front windows on my 2007 Expedition two weeks apart.

Vehicle Not Fit for Towing.
By JRWTexas on 07/20/10 08:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

When attempting to go forward or reverse on an incline, the vehicle will intermittently not respond to the gas pedal. Sometimes it surges and stops. When I pull the boat trailer up the launch ramp, I have to stop the engine and start it again for the vehicle to respond. Ford dealer (now out of business) could not find the problem. Now that the vehicle is out of warranty, Ford is not interested. All they could do is to make an appointment with a dealer at my cost. Ford states that the records are no longer available since the dealer is out of business. I bought this as a tow vehicle, however I will no longer tow due to safety issues. Ford has no customer service at all!

Brake Problems
By hollando on 08/05/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Expedition. My first was a 2000 model. This vehicle is comfortable to drive, gets decent gas mileage (about 18 mph life of vehicle average) and is great for transporting people and cargo. But at 36,900 miles the front right brake locked up and got super hot. The dealership can't explain what caused the problem. And it is 900 miles out of warranty. This problem hasn't been resolved yet.

Love it!
By CathyB on 07/24/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

A true sports car fan, but must say I really love the versitillity & handling of this vehicle. Ford did a great job on the design both exterior and interior. Bought an 07 closeout so I wasn't able to find all the options desired in the color desired, but love it just the same. The stereo is wonderful and road noise is minimal. Love the extra wide back doors which makes loading of both cargo and people so easy. The leg room is great even in the 3rd row. The only item I still have trouble with are the window buttons. I think it is more of an operator than design. Still under 5K in miles but getting 16 MPG and say that will get better. I feel very safe, easy to handle and a smooth ride.

Joy to drive
By s nissley on 01/14/08 15:13 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased mid Nov, 7000 miles in less than 2 month and really enjoyed the drive. Some one needs to wakeup about gas mileage, my 57 olds 98 got better gas mileage.

Excellent ride. Safety features are A+
By Shawn L on 03/01/07 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV XLT 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

On our way to CO from TX we got a chance to test AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control. I could easily say this technology saved our lives (8 adults WITH luggage). It was dark and a few deer showed up in front of us. We were going ~80mph and my sister instinctively threw the steering wheel sharply to the right. I immediately braced for rollover because a maneuver like that would have surely flipped us over; but it did not. While we fishtailed violently in the aftermath my sister needed only to hold the steering wheel straight. The car regained control soon after and we were all amazed at how it did it. To think what could have happened if this feature hadnít come standard is frightening.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.