2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV 5.4L V8 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV - Consumer Reviews

Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L V8 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:
Nothing but smiles
By one4gooddeals on 03/29/14 21:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my EL in 2010 with 36000 miles on it and have loved it ever since. Better fuel mileage than my 03 Pilot. Purchased it so we could by a travel trailer, pulls it like a dream. This is my first Ford and I have been very happy. Never short on power, best ride of any vehicle I've owned, great look, wonderful features. Have about 70,000 miles on it now, hoping to get another 130k plus.

Love my Expedition
By CCL on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My Ford Expedition has been a great vehicle, road trips are a breeze. Plenty of room, for tall people such as ourselves the leg room and roomy seating makes a huge difference. I was surprised to find that the gas mileage was more than we expected. We get 22 to 24 mpg on the highway, and 16 to 18 in the city. That is pretty good for a large SUV! I hate to sell it but, the payment is just to much in this economy!

My AWSOME Expedition
By Linda on 08/10/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I drive a considerable amount of miles per year. This car has been the best and most reliable suv I have ever owned. I would buy a new one without a second thought. Ford really got this one right.

Brake issues 2007 Expedition
By Todd on 05/05/09 10:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My right front brake caliper failed at less than 41000 miles resulting in approx. $700.00 in repairs. Ford Motor Company denied any assistance for the repairs on a vehicle that is TWO YEARS OLD ! I understand that the vehicle was 4000 miles over warranty, however this is a NEW vehicle. I am curious to see if any other Expedition owners have a similiar story to tell. Ford's poor treatment of a long time customer has me doubting my brand loyalty. I am totally dissatisfied with their handling of my situation and advised them I would be sharing my experience with other consumers.

Great Mini Van Replacement
By Laurey C on 03/07/09 06:05 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this SUV and loved the interior room. Drives nicely and feel safe on every drive.I was worried about the Fuel Economy; however it is only 1 mile less per gallon than my Toyota Sienna. I do not even notice the mileage difference. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

Great Ride
By cstanford on 03/24/08 09:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I had a 2001 Chevy Tahoe and decided with our third child on the way That we needed something larger. I love this vehicle. We travel many long road trips and this has been great. I love all the extra room we have in it.

I love my Expedition
By T Smith on 12/17/07 19:32 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Having been a loyal Ford customer for several years. I purchased a 2002 Explorer for the fold down 3rd row. since then and 3 kids later and teaching rescue classes I was running short on space for my kids and equipment! After waiting several years for the Expedition EL I have been enjoying it's flexibility from hauling kids & equipment to carrying lumber from Lowes for that weekend project! The EL gives my the capabilities of a full length pick-up while being able to haul dlicate items all in the same trip! Oh yeah... And transport a family of 5!

Expedition EL
By Brian on 06/28/07 08:45 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I find this vehicle to be a bit uncomfortable, and the fuel economy is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. Unless you have money to burn, I would consider a different SUV.

My 4th Expedition
By Mike on 01/17/07 09:18 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Expedition since approximately 1996, the last 3 were Eddie Bauer versions. Without question the 2007 version has undergone the most notable change from any other year. Most significant is the insulation, shifter configuration, ride, and availability of "high-end" features (i.e., heated & AC seats, auto rear lift & close tailgate, navigation, etc.). In my opinion the car is evolving into the Lincoln Navigator (LN) at a rapid pace. Unless the LN is turbo charged and upgraded with a Rolls Royce transmission, these vehicles will be nearly identical in 5-6 years.

2007 Expedition EL EB 4x2
By HElena on 01/05/07 06:43 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

After being completely set on a Chevy Suburban we changed our minds after seeing this vehicle. We have only had for a week or so at this point, but LOVE it. It is the size of a transfer truck but handles like a little car. I am IMPRESSED by the comfortable ride and all the nice little features.