Used 2007 Ford Expedition EL Eddie Bauer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Expedition EL model:

Nothing but smiles
By one4gooddeals

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my EL in 2010 with 36000 miles on it and have loved it ever since. Better fuel mileage than my 03 Pilot. Purchased it so we could by a travel trailer, pulls it like a dream. This is my first Ford and I have been very happy. Never short on power, best ride of any vehicle I've owned, great look, wonderful features. Have about 70,000 miles on it now, hoping to get another 130k plus.

Favorite Features

4 wheel independent suspension, surprisingly good fuel economy, fold flat seats.

Suggested Improvements

The one thing I miss with my GM is the tow mode tranny. Seems like the Ford just cuts off gears 5 and 6 and says tow away. The GM actually changes shift points and manages the towing. If the suburban would come with a duramax or at least the Allison tranny, I'd consider a trip back to GM.

Love my Expedition
By CCL

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My Ford Expedition has been a great vehicle, road trips are a breeze. Plenty of room, for tall people such as ourselves the leg room and roomy seating makes a huge difference. I was surprised to find that the gas mileage was more than we expected. We get 22 to 24 mpg on the highway, and 16 to 18 in the city. That is pretty good for a large SUV! I hate to sell it but, the payment is just to much in this economy!

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, cooled leather seats, sunroof so nice! Roomy, spacious cabin with a nice sound system.

Suggested Improvements

My suggestion is to increase the mileage and not use so much plastic on the interior and exterior. Price could use and overhaul also! Otherwise enjoy driving it!

My AWSOME Expedition
By Linda

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I drive a considerable amount of miles per year. This car has been the best and most reliable suv I have ever owned. I would buy a new one without a second thought. Ford really got this one right.

Favorite Features

Living in Florida, the cooling seat feature comes in very handy. The rear back up sensor has been a lifesaver. The space is great-my teenagers aren't on top of eachother. This car is like the little black dress-great for just about anything form Home Depot to a valet at an event.

Brake issues 2007 Expedition
By Todd

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

My right front brake caliper failed at less than 41000 miles resulting in approx. $700.00 in repairs. Ford Motor Company denied any assistance for the repairs on a vehicle that is TWO YEARS OLD ! I understand that the vehicle was 4000 miles over warranty, however this is a NEW vehicle. I am curious to see if any other Expedition owners have a similiar story to tell. Ford's poor treatment of a long time customer has me doubting my brand loyalty. I am totally dissatisfied with their handling of my situation and advised them I would be sharing my experience with other consumers.

Favorite Features

Fold flat power rear seat. Excellent relationship with my dealership,but not happy with Ford Motor Company at this point !!

Suggested Improvements

LOL ! See above review ! Take care of your loyal customers Ford Motor Company.

Great Mini Van Replacement
By Laurey C

2007 Ford Expedition EL SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this SUV and loved the interior room. Drives nicely and feel safe on every drive.I was worried about the Fuel Economy; however it is only 1 mile less per gallon than my Toyota Sienna. I do not even notice the mileage difference. Would highly recommend this vehicle.